Hi

Does anybody know how to set a bluetooth headset on PC i have the logitech
mobile freedom. my pc sees it but it wont let me select it in the sound and
audio tab in control pannel.

thanks

I have the same problem with a logitech HS01 "mobile bluetooth headset". It
pairs with my machine (IBM thinkpad T40, WinXPSP2), and is recognized as a
bluetooth headset (audio device), but it does not show up in the audio
devices, and no audio is sent to it. Would greatly appreciate any help!

Here is what Logitech says. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this
fixed?
---

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Mobile Bluetooth
Headset.

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties with your Logitech
Mobile Bluetooth Headset.

I would like to inform you that we have seen that the Microsoft Bluetooth
stack does not have an audio gateway, that is it will allow the Bluetooth
audio devices to pair and connect. but, you will not be able set it has a
preferred audio device. To resolve this issue you will have to contact
Microsoft.

Here is what Logitech says:

Discussion Thread
Response (Logitech Customer Suport) 01/27/2005 08:33 PM

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Mobile Bluetooth
Headset.

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties with your Logitech
Mobile Bluetooth Headset.

I would like to inform you that we have seen that the Microsoft Bluetooth
stack does not have an audio gateway, that is it will allow the Bluetooth
audio devices to pair and connect. but, you will not be able set it has a
preferred audio device. To resolve this issue you will have to contact
Microsoft.

This is correct. The Windows XP Bluetooth stack which is included with
Windows XP SP2, does not support the Bluetooth audio profiles.

Sandy Spinrad
Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth