Digital Camera not detected (Canon Powershot s60)

At first the camera was not detected at all, since then I have installed a
USB-card with two USB ports attached (yesterday). I have plugged in the
interface cable to one of the new ports and the camera is still not detected,
however when clicking on 'hardware' in control panel, an error message comes
up: Only one device can be installed at a time, another device is being
installed, when it is finished you can use this wizard. Except that I'm not
installing anything else! This error message has been appearing for over 12
hours. Help! There shouldnt be any problems as my computer fits the
requirements for communicating with the camera.
Thanks

peter

Hi,

You need to install the drivers before you plug in the camera.
For Canon digital camera, you should install the ZoomBrowserEX before
connecting the camera to the PC via USB.
The drivers CD should come with the digicam. If you don't have it, go to
Canon website to download it.

Peter