ASUS v970 graphics card problem

bill

I purchased a new ASUS motherboard (A7N8X-E Deluxe) and an ASUS FX5700
(v970/TD/256) graphics card.
I have the AMD Athalon xp 2400+ processor and am running Windows xp pro.
After installing the display drivers for the graphics card and rebooting the
system, the screen goes blank and xp hangs after showing the Windows logo.
After disabling the display driver or uninstalling it xp boots again without
a problem. I checked to make sure the card and memory cards are fully seated,
enabled AGP support in the BIOS, and have downloaded the latest display
driver. I am stuck as to what to do next. Has anyone else experienced this
problem? Any help is appreciated.

Try uninstalling the software,then reinstall.You might also try going to run,
type:SigVerif See what shows,if SP2 is installed,some software needs re-
installing for it to function.

"Bill" wrote:

> I purchased a new ASUS motherboard (A7N8X-E Deluxe) and an ASUS FX5700
> (v970/TD/256) graphics card.
> I have the AMD Athalon xp 2400+ processor and am running Windows xp pro.
> After installing the display drivers for the graphics card and rebooting the
> system, the screen goes blank and xp hangs after showing the Windows logo.
> After disabling the display driver or uninstalling it xp boots again without
> a problem. I checked to make sure the card and memory cards are fully seated,
> enabled AGP support in the BIOS, and have downloaded the latest display
> driver. I am stuck as to what to do next. Has anyone else experienced this
> problem? Any help is appreciated.

bill

Thank you Andrew for your suggestions. SP2 is installed. I tried uninstalling
and reinstalling the display software, but continue to ge the same results. I
tried the SigVerif command and found five files: hccoin.dll, mrvdig.dll,
usbehei.sys, yukonwxp.sys, gewmi.mof that are unsigned. I think these files
are part of the usb and lan drivers, but not sure. I finally heard back from
ASUS. Might need to ship the motherboard and graphics card for replacement.
Still in the dark about what is going on here. --Bill

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try uninstalling the software,then reinstall.You might also try going to run,
> type:SigVerif See what shows,if SP2 is installed,some software needs re-
> installing for it to function.
>
> "Bill" wrote:
>
> > I purchased a new ASUS motherboard (A7N8X-E Deluxe) and an ASUS FX5700
> > (v970/TD/256) graphics card.
> > I have the AMD Athalon xp 2400+ processor and am running Windows xp pro.
> > After installing the display drivers for the graphics card and rebooting the
> > system, the screen goes blank and xp hangs after showing the Windows logo.
> > After disabling the display driver or uninstalling it xp boots again without
> > a problem. I checked to make sure the card and memory cards are fully seated,
> > enabled AGP support in the BIOS, and have downloaded the latest display
> > driver. I am stuck as to what to do next. Has anyone else experienced this
> > problem? Any help is appreciated.

peter

Hi,

If you use new mobo and display card, I think you need to perform a repair
installation of XP, you also needed to install the latest chipset drivers for
the new mobo as well as to re-install SP2.

Peter