F5 BIOS flash problem

Seems i have encountered a problem with the new F5 BIOS for the GA-K8NXP-9.
I had F5i installed and a reset to factory defaults before flashing to F5.
The BIOS flash to F5 was sucessfull and everything is working as it should.

However i only flashed the main BIOS and tried to flash the backup, but i
was not able to enter QFLASH. Pressing F8 to enter QFLASH did not work and
the computer just locks up. It tries to access the floppy drive and just
freezes, the floppy drive light just lights up continiously and pressing any
key does nothing, you can hit "Esc" or anything, it'a just totally frozen.

So what am i to do?, even if a new BIOS update comes out i won't be able to
flash to the latest BIOS?

The floppy drive itself works and can access it within Windows and during
bootup i can insert a floppy disc and load Memtest86+ sucessfully. The error
is only limited to accessing QFLASH using F8....any help?

p.s. it is possible to flash to new BIOS files using @BIOS. But this is
still a bug in F5 and needs to be fixed. I have emailed Gigabyte with a
detailed description of the problem.

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Seems i have encountered a problem with the new F5 BIOS for the
> GA-K8NXP-9. I had F5i installed and a reset to factory defaults before
> flashing to F5. The BIOS flash to F5 was sucessfull and everything is
> working as it should.
>
> However i only flashed the main BIOS and tried to flash the backup, but i
> was not able to enter QFLASH. Pressing F8 to enter QFLASH did not work and
> the computer just locks up. It tries to access the floppy drive and just
> freezes, the floppy drive light just lights up continiously and pressing
> any key does nothing, you can hit "Esc" or anything, it'a just totally
> frozen.
>
> So what am i to do?, even if a new BIOS update comes out i won't be able
> to flash to the latest BIOS?
>
> The floppy drive itself works and can access it within Windows and during
> bootup i can insert a floppy disc and load Memtest86+ sucessfully. The
> error is only limited to accessing QFLASH using F8....any help?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Il Wed, 4 May 2005 01:11:09 +0100, "Richard Dower"
<richarddower@hotmail.com> ha scritto:

>Seems i have encountered a problem with the new F5 BIOS for the GA-K8NXP-9.
>I had F5i installed and a reset to factory defaults before flashing to F5.
>The BIOS flash to F5 was sucessfull and everything is working as it should.
>
>However i only flashed the main BIOS and tried to flash the backup, but i
>was not able to enter QFLASH. Pressing F8 to enter QFLASH did not work and
>the computer just locks up. It tries to access the floppy drive and just
>freezes, the floppy drive light just lights up continiously and pressing any
>key does nothing, you can hit "Esc" or anything, it'a just totally frozen.
>
>So what am i to do?, even if a new BIOS update comes out i won't be able to
>flash to the latest BIOS?
>
>The floppy drive itself works and can access it within Windows and during
>bootup i can insert a floppy disc and load Memtest86+ sucessfully. The error
>is only limited to accessing QFLASH using F8....any help?

Hi,

to resolve your problema just go to www.recoverybios.com

I hope you will find help for it

Best regards

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Seems i have encountered a problem with the new F5 BIOS for the GA-K8NXP-9.
>I had F5i installed and a reset to factory defaults before flashing to F5.
>The BIOS flash to F5 was sucessfull and everything is working as it should.
>
>However i only flashed the main BIOS and tried to flash the backup, but i
>was not able to enter QFLASH. Pressing F8 to enter QFLASH did not work and
>the computer just locks up. It tries to access the floppy drive and just
>freezes, the floppy drive light just lights up continiously and pressing any
>key does nothing, you can hit "Esc" or anything, it'a just totally frozen.
>
>So what am i to do?, even if a new BIOS update comes out i won't be able to
>flash to the latest BIOS?
>
>The floppy drive itself works and can access it within Windows and during
>bootup i can insert a floppy disc and load Memtest86+ sucessfully. The error
>is only limited to accessing QFLASH using F8....any help?

Try humoring it by putting a formatted floppy, ANY non-bootable
floppy, in the floppy drive when you try to update the BIOS.