Problem with a GeForce 4 mx 440

Recently buy a card of video GeForce4 mx 440, I could finally install it
without problems, but now when I try to use some game, the screen becomes
black and my computer is restarted.

Can somebody help me?

Don't use THAT game.

If you gave some DETAILS, you would get a better answer.

"Flaco" <Flaco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Recently buy a card of video GeForce4 mx 440, I could
finally install it
| without problems, but now when I try to use some game, the
screen becomes
| black and my computer is restarted.
|
| Can somebody help me?

That card only claims support for DirectX up to 8.1. Are you if you are
installed DirectX 9 and the "game" invokes a feature the card does not
support, the black screen would be expected result. Please verify game
requirements and installation.

Flaco wrote:

> Recently buy a card of video GeForce4 mx 440, I could finally install it
> without problems, but now when I try to use some game, the screen becomes
> black and my computer is restarted.
>
> Can somebody help me?

Check with the game's publisher. Serveral games (like Prince of Persha) do
not support any MX video cards.

"Flaco" <Flaco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently buy a card of video GeForce4 mx 440, I could finally install it
> without problems, but now when I try to use some game, the screen becomes
> black and my computer is restarted.
>
> Can somebody help me?

kyle

i installed the similar video card.. was a GeForce 5200 and the screen goes
black but the speakers still give off the games sound.. have you solved your
problem?

"Flaco" wrote:

> Recently buy a card of video GeForce4 mx 440, I could finally install it
> without problems, but now when I try to use some game, the screen becomes
> black and my computer is restarted.
>
> Can somebody help me?

Hey

the going black and restarting of the pc while playing games is a typical
failure of a power supply that doesn't meet your gfx cards requirements.
Check your powersuply and the output on the +5V and +12 V lines, and if
inadequate get yourself a cheap 400 Watt PSU which should solve the problem.