Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson Printer C64

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 7:37:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

i had an Epson C64 Stylus printer bought for me a while back, the black ink run
out pretty quick when i first had it, i was looking for some refillable
cartridges but i got some non refillable for now til i get a good buy
i took the black cartridge out a while back, i got my new cartridges this
morning and went to print something in black but nothing was printed when the
paper appeared
ive tried the usually tricks or cleaning the nozzles etc with the supplied
software but nothing is happening

whats the best way of sorting this, its not the cartridge thats not letting the
ink out but the little spike/nozzle that the cartridge connects in the printer
that wont let any ink through

im stuck and unsure how to clean this, any help is appreciated

TIA


--
www.google.com is your friend
(e-mail is Rot13 encoded)

More about : epson printer c64

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 8:59:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Goose" <tbbfr@chaxnff.pbz> wrote in message
news:1088260637.8398.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> i had an Epson C64 Stylus printer bought for me a while back, the black
ink run
> out pretty quick when i first had it, i was looking for some refillable
> cartridges but i got some non refillable for now til i get a good buy
> i took the black cartridge out a while back, i got my new cartridges this
> morning and went to print something in black but nothing was printed when
the
> paper appeared
> ive tried the usually tricks or cleaning the nozzles etc with the supplied
> software but nothing is happening
>
> whats the best way of sorting this, its not the cartridge thats not
letting the
> ink out but the little spike/nozzle that the cartridge connects in the
printer
> that wont let any ink through

It's a printer (not cartridge) fault. You need to get it replaced under
guarantee.

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 12:48:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Brian Watson" <brian@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>
>It's a printer (not cartridge) fault. You need to get it replaced under
>guarantee.
>

so i take it thats the only way to sort it out then
i was hoping there would of been somethin i could of done myself, yeah it is a
printer prob, sorry i didnt make that clearer

while im here can anyone suggest a good web page for buying refillable
cartridges for the Epson Stylus C64 within the UK or maybe a Ink Flow System

all help appreciated, TIA


--
www.google.com is your friend
(e-mail is Rot13 encoded)
Related resources
June 27, 2004 2:44:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Goose" <tbbfr@chaxnff.pbz> wrote in message
news:1088279319.17845.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> "Brian Watson" <brian@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
> while im here can anyone suggest a good web page for buying refillable
> cartridges for the Epson Stylus C64 within the UK or maybe a Ink Flow
System
>
> all help appreciated, TIA

You might find it a good idea to fill one of the used cartridges with some
Windolene or Mr Muscle (ammonia based window cleaners) and print with that.
This often cleans from inside and often clears blockages. Plus the inks
supplied by Jettec have a free clog cleaner bottle for that purpose.
As below.
Tony
--
Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot others wanna-be
Epson C64/ C84 Lighfast pigmented inks. R200/300,
RX500 (all with 30% more free patent chip)
Canon BCI-3 i560 i750 BCI-6 i865 S-820 / S-900 series.
Specialist ink refill kits... http://www.inkylink.co.uk
remove pants for personal mail


>
>
> --
> www.google.com is your friend
> (e-mail is Rot13 encoded)
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 3:55:30 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Tony" <webfive@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote:
>
>
>"Goose" <tbbfr@chaxnff.pbz> wrote in message
>news:1088279319.17845.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
>> "Brian Watson" <brian@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>
>> while im here can anyone suggest a good web page for buying refillable
>> cartridges for the Epson Stylus C64 within the UK or maybe a Ink Flow
>System
>>
>> all help appreciated, TIA
>
>You might find it a good idea to fill one of the used cartridges with some
>Windolene or Mr Muscle (ammonia based window cleaners) and print with that.
>This often cleans from inside and often clears blockages. Plus the inks
>supplied by Jettec have a free clog cleaner bottle for that purpose.
>As below.
>Tony

well i actually downlaoded SSC Service Utility for Epson Printers from :-

http://www.mofunzone.com/downloadsoftware/1500000003657...

run it through Powerful Cleaning option and the black ink is starting to flow,
still bits of lines missing but 99% working now, im just glad it wasnt as
serious as i originally thought

thanks for the info about ammonia trick, ill keep that in mind for the future


--
www.google.com is your friend
(e-mail is Rot13 encoded)
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 12:07:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

www.cartridgeworld.org
For Compatibles.

"Goose" <tbbfr@chaxnff.pbz> wrote in message
news:1088290530.22646.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> "Tony" <webfive@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >"Goose" <tbbfr@chaxnff.pbz> wrote in message
> >news:1088279319.17845.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> >> "Brian Watson" <brian@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> while im here can anyone suggest a good web page for buying refillable
> >> cartridges for the Epson Stylus C64 within the UK or maybe a Ink Flow
> >System
> >>
> >> all help appreciated, TIA
> >
> >You might find it a good idea to fill one of the used cartridges with
some
> >Windolene or Mr Muscle (ammonia based window cleaners) and print with
that.
> >This often cleans from inside and often clears blockages. Plus the inks
> >supplied by Jettec have a free clog cleaner bottle for that purpose.
> >As below.
> >Tony
>
> well i actually downlaoded SSC Service Utility for Epson Printers from :-
>
> http://www.mofunzone.com/downloadsoftware/1500000003657...
>
> run it through Powerful Cleaning option and the black ink is starting to
flow,
> still bits of lines missing but 99% working now, im just glad it wasnt as
> serious as i originally thought
>
> thanks for the info about ammonia trick, ill keep that in mind for the
future
>
>
> --
> www.google.com is your friend
> (e-mail is Rot13 encoded)
>
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:03:52 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Please contact me in private mail, and all will be revealed.

Never remove a cartridge form an inkjet printer unless you are going to
immediately replace it. They all will clog when the residual ink is
left to dry out.

Also, be aware that many of the generic or non-OEM inks supplied for the
C64/C84, C80, C82 and other Epson printers which use Durabrite or
Ultrachrome inks, are not similar in formulation to those inks. They
may either be dye inks, which are a quite different technology, or they
may be pigmented inks which have different formulations from Epson's
own. Although these days most refill dye inks are of reasonable quality,
the same can not be said for pigmented inks, as the formulations are
much more complex. Pigments have to be ground to just the right size,
and mixed in just the right solvents, binders and carriers or you may
have problems. Some better known pigmented inks may be as good as
Epson's, but those of questionable origin or heritage best be avoided in
the pigmented ink market.

Art

Goose wrote:

> i had an Epson C64 Stylus printer bought for me a while back, the black ink run
> out pretty quick when i first had it, i was looking for some refillable
> cartridges but i got some non refillable for now til i get a good buy
> i took the black cartridge out a while back, i got my new cartridges this
> morning and went to print something in black but nothing was printed when the
> paper appeared
> ive tried the usually tricks or cleaning the nozzles etc with the supplied
> software but nothing is happening
>
> whats the best way of sorting this, its not the cartridge thats not letting the
> ink out but the little spike/nozzle that the cartridge connects in the printer
> that wont let any ink through
>
> im stuck and unsure how to clean this, any help is appreciated
>
> TIA
>
>
> --
> www.google.com is your friend
> (e-mail is Rot13 encoded)
>
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:25:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Goose wrote:


>
>
> well i actually downlaoded SSC Service Utility for Epson Printers from :-
>
> http://www.mofunzone.com/downloadsoftware/1500000003657...
>
> run it through Powerful Cleaning option and the black ink is starting to flow,
> still bits of lines missing but 99% working now, im just glad it wasnt as
> serious as i originally thought
>
> thanks for the info about ammonia trick, ill keep that in mind for the future


This will probably work over time, as the new ink is slowly dissolving
the older ink, but it is a costly method, you may end up using up the
whole ink cartridge. A better method if you have an old cartridge and a
chip resetter for the cartridge, is indeed to fill it with an ammoniated
cleaner and let the cartridge soak on the printer a while, and then
run some cleaning cycles, and print some blocks of black, to check status.

Art
>
!