printers vanished

Hi my printer disappeared and I think it was after I installed microsoft
antispyware. I get a message that print spooler is stopped when I try to
reinstall it, but when I go to admin tools services and try to start print
spooler I get the message

error 1068 the dependancy group failed to start

I am not certain microsoft antispyware caused the problem but I cannot
restore my computer to an earlier time although I have plenty of restore
points but none of them work. Any ideas?

Windows XP with sp2.
Thanks Tricia

If you have rebooted and your printer still won't show up you may need to
reinstall the printer. I was unaware that Microsoft had released any
anti-spyware applications. If you can't get System Restore to go back to
one of your restore points reinstalling the printer should work for you. Be
sure to completely remove any drivers and software associated with the
printer and follow the installation instructions closely.

"Tricia" <tricialal2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi my printer disappeared and I think it was after I installed microsoft
> antispyware. I get a message that print spooler is stopped when I try to
> reinstall it, but when I go to admin tools services and try to start print
> spooler I get the message
>
> error 1068 the dependancy group failed to start
>
> I am not certain microsoft antispyware caused the problem but I cannot
> restore my computer to an earlier time although I have plenty of restore
> points but none of them work. Any ideas?
>
> Windows XP with sp2.
> Thanks Tricia

See Steps 15 through 17 at Brice Sanderson's website:
www.coribright.com

"Tricia" <tricialal2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi my printer disappeared and I think it was after I installed microsoft
> antispyware. I get a message that print spooler is stopped when I try to
> reinstall it, but when I go to admin tools services and try to start print
> spooler I get the message
>
> error 1068 the dependancy group failed to start
>
> I am not certain microsoft antispyware caused the problem but I cannot
> restore my computer to an earlier time although I have plenty of restore
> points but none of them work. Any ideas?
>
> Windows XP with sp2.
> Thanks Tricia

"Tricia" <tricialal2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi my printer disappeared and I think it was after I installed microsoft
> antispyware. I get a message that print spooler is stopped when I try to
> reinstall it, but when I go to admin tools services and try to start print
> spooler I get the message
>
> error 1068 the dependancy group failed to start
>
> I am not certain microsoft antispyware caused the problem but I cannot
> restore my computer to an earlier time although I have plenty of restore
> points but none of them work. Any ideas?
>
> Windows XP with sp2.
> Thanks Tricia

Hi problem solved I had turned something off.

Thanks anyway Tricia

Yeah, your brain.

--
Ross