Need to download MB installation CD

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I have installed a HD (win2k) from an old machine onto a 7VT600P-RZ.

It won't boot because the IDE/SATA drivers are wrong. I have used the
win2k installation CD to run "setup" and then pressed "F6" to enter new
drivers.

The problem is I don't have the MB installation CD. I have downloaded
the drivers from the web but they are in the form of a ".exe" file and
not the actual drivers.

Can someone help with a site for downloading the MB CD, or the actual
drivers and not a fancy ".exe" program! Something that windows setup
will like after the F6 :-)

Cheers
6 answers Last reply
More about need download installation
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    When I run the .exe file it just says that there is nothing to install
    - because I am not running the program on the correct machine of
    course. How do I extract the right files? The .exe file is 8Mb in size!
    The program I am trying to run is:
    driver_raid_via_8237_win2003.exe

    Is this the right one? I don't have any CDs so anything has to be
    downloaded off the web.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Anyone got a working diskette? Couldn't zip the files up for me could
    you? Cheers
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    On 6 May 2005 03:13:37 -0700, grumpy380@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have installed a HD (win2k) from an old machine onto a 7VT600P-RZ.
    >
    > It won't boot because the IDE/SATA drivers are wrong. I have used the
    > win2k installation CD to run "setup" and then pressed "F6" to enter new
    > drivers.
    >
    > The problem is I don't have the MB installation CD. I have downloaded
    > the drivers from the web but they are in the form of a ".exe" file and
    > not the actual drivers.
    >
    > Can someone help with a site for downloading the MB CD, or the actual
    > drivers and not a fancy ".exe" program! Something that windows setup
    > will like after the F6 :-)
    >
    > Cheers

    It's the same on cd, you just need to run that exe file and it will unpack
    itself ona a diskette and than you can load your drivers on windows setup !
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    On 6 May 2005 10:49:28 -0700, redtag wrote:

    > Anyone got a working diskette? Couldn't zip the files up for me could
    > you? Cheers

    Sorry, i have diferent mobo but that's the way I'v done it on my pc !
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    I have finally created the diskette with te drivers on, and I can
    successfully use F6 to install the drivers off the diskette when I run
    setup.

    However, as I am doing this on a pre-installed win2k (that I would like
    to keep!) how can I then install these onto the hard drive? eg; what
    next? recovery console?

    Thanks
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    redtag wrote:
    > When I run the .exe file it just says that there is nothing to install
    > - because I am not running the program on the correct machine of
    > course. How do I extract the right files? The .exe file is 8Mb in size!
    > The program I am trying to run is:
    > driver_raid_via_8237_win2003.exe
    >
    > Is this the right one? I don't have any CDs so anything has to be
    > downloaded off the web.

    Apparently not. What OS are you running? The file you have is for
    Windows 2003 Server.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Download Drivers CD-Rom Motherboards