Last response: in Motherboards
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 7:13:37 AM

I have installed a HD (win2k) from an old machine onto a 7VT600P-RZ.

It won't boot because the IDE/SATA drivers are wrong. I have used the
win2k installation CD to run "setup" and then pressed "F6" to enter new
drivers.

The problem is I don't have the MB installation CD. I have downloaded
the drivers from the web but they are in the form of a ".exe" file and
not the actual drivers.

Can someone help with a site for downloading the MB CD, or the actual
drivers and not a fancy ".exe" program! Something that windows setup
will like after the F6 :-)

Cheers

More about : download installation

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 12:42:08 PM

When I run the .exe file it just says that there is nothing to install
- because I am not running the program on the correct machine of
course. How do I extract the right files? The .exe file is 8Mb in size!
The program I am trying to run is:
driver_raid_via_8237_win2003.exe

Is this the right one? I don't have any CDs so anything has to be
downloaded off the web.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 2:49:28 PM

Anyone got a working diskette? Couldn't zip the files up for me could
you? Cheers
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 8:24:11 PM

On 6 May 2005 03:13:37 -0700, grumpy380@gmail.com wrote:

> I have installed a HD (win2k) from an old machine onto a 7VT600P-RZ.
>
> It won't boot because the IDE/SATA drivers are wrong. I have used the
> win2k installation CD to run "setup" and then pressed "F6" to enter new
> drivers.
>
> The problem is I don't have the MB installation CD. I have downloaded
> the drivers from the web but they are in the form of a ".exe" file and
> not the actual drivers.
>
> Can someone help with a site for downloading the MB CD, or the actual
> drivers and not a fancy ".exe" program! Something that windows setup
> will like after the F6 :-)
>
> Cheers

It's the same on cd, you just need to run that exe file and it will unpack
itself ona a diskette and than you can load your drivers on windows setup !
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2005 2:25:20 AM

On 6 May 2005 10:49:28 -0700, redtag wrote:

> Anyone got a working diskette? Couldn't zip the files up for me could
> you? Cheers

Sorry, i have diferent mobo but that's the way I'v done it on my pc !
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2005 8:39:06 AM

I have finally created the diskette with te drivers on, and I can
successfully use F6 to install the drivers off the diskette when I run
setup.

However, as I am doing this on a pre-installed win2k (that I would like
to keep!) how can I then install these onto the hard drive? eg; what
next? recovery console?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 10, 2005 3:49:31 AM

redtag wrote:
> When I run the .exe file it just says that there is nothing to install
> - because I am not running the program on the correct machine of
> course. How do I extract the right files? The .exe file is 8Mb in size!
> The program I am trying to run is:
> driver_raid_via_8237_win2003.exe
>
> Is this the right one? I don't have any CDs so anything has to be
> downloaded off the web.

Apparently not. What OS are you running? The file you have is for
Windows 2003 Server.
!