XP and Screensaver

HI
Hope someone can help me. How can I get the Johnny Castaway screensaver to
work on XP Pro. I tried the "click to install" and got the message that it
had installed but it did not appear on the desktop properties screensaver
list.
I next installed it manually in Windows System where all the other
screensaver are kept but though it worked when I clicked on it there it
still did not appear on the screensaver list.
I know it's an old program but I like it and it does work on my system I
just can't get it to work from the desktop properties.
I'm not sure this is the right group, if not perhaps someone will point me
in the right direction. Thanks.

Sandman

It seems you have it in the Windows, System32 folder(?) If so, this is the
right place for it... You can drag and create a shortcut to it on your
desktop or Start menu, that may be the only way to conveniently use it.
Don't know why it doesn't show up in the dialogue box with the others

"Beachcomber" <beachcomber@mail.com> wrote in message
> HI
> Hope someone can help me. How can I get the Johnny Castaway screensaver to
> work on XP Pro. I tried the "click to install" and got the message that it
> had installed but it did not appear on the desktop properties screensaver
> list.
> I next installed it manually in Windows System where all the other
> screensaver are kept but though it worked when I clicked on it there it
> still did not appear on the screensaver list.
> I know it's an old program but I like it and it does work on my system I
> just can't get it to work from the desktop properties.
> I'm not sure this is the right group, if not perhaps someone will point me
> in the right direction. Thanks.

If you recently downloaded this screensaver from the Screensaver Heaven
site, the file would have been called 0051.exe and is NOT the Johnny
Castaway screensaver.. when run, it deposits 'My Search' on your computer..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

Beachcomber wrote:
> HI
> Hope someone can help me. How can I get the Johnny Castaway screensaver to
> work on XP Pro. I tried the "click to install" and got the message that it
> had installed but it did not appear on the desktop properties screensaver
> list.
> I next installed it manually in Windows System where all the other
> screensaver are kept but though it worked when I clicked on it there it
> still did not appear on the screensaver list.
> I know it's an old program but I like it and it does work on my system I
> just can't get it to work from the desktop properties.
> I'm not sure this is the right group, if not perhaps someone will point me
> in the right direction. Thanks.

Look here for tips and help:

Johnny Castaway Screen Saver Home page
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~gnudawn/johnny/