DOS Program Running Very Slow

I have an old DOS database called Cardbox (v4.2) which is now running very
slow when in a command prompt window maximised to full screen. It runs a lot
faster on my old PC (1.3Athlon/768mb) XP-SP2) than it does on my new PC
(Athlon 64 3200+/1024mb) XP-SP2 when in full screen mode.

The only other parameter I can think of is the graphics card. On the old PC
(fastest re DOS) its integrated into the motherboard and uses 8mb of the
system RAM. On the new PC (slowest re DOS) its an NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 with
128mb RAM on the card.

Any ideas gratefully received as I use the batch update facility to update
~100,000 records now & again and it takes ages on the new PC.

Thanks

OnTheGlim <OnTheGlim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an old DOS database called Cardbox (v4.2) which is now running very
>slow when in a command prompt window maximised to full screen. It runs a lot
>faster on my old PC (1.3Athlon/768mb) XP-SP2) than it does on my new PC
>(Athlon 64 3200+/1024mb) XP-SP2 when in full screen mode.

See if this helps: "Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based Programs in Windows"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314106).

--
(tm)