File Access Denied after Recovery

After using the recovery function on my pc i cannot now access the files and
folders in My Documents. These were password protected before recovery so i
believe this may have something to do with it. Is there any way i could gain
access to these folders? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"David_T_UK" <David_T_UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After using the recovery function on my pc i cannot now access the files
> and
> folders in My Documents. These were password protected before recovery so
> believe this may have something to do with it. Is there any way i could
> gain
> access to these folders? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Brilliant that sorted it. Thank you very very very much Will

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see if the following helps:
>
> "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "David_T_UK" <David_T_UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After using the recovery function on my pc i cannot now access the files
> > and
> > folders in My Documents. These were password protected before recovery so
> > believe this may have something to do with it. Is there any way i could
> > gain
> > access to these folders? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

You're welcome