Help with bios flashing ?

What is the exact procedure with @bios flashing, do I have to do "clear DMI
data pool an Clear PnP Data Pool" and can i flash through qbios without
floppy but with cd-rom ? (sorry for lauzy english)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:42:10 +0200, Nikonja wrote:

> What is the exact procedure with @bios flashing, do I have to do "clear DMI
> data pool an Clear PnP Data Pool" and can i flash through qbios without
> floppy but with cd-rom ? (sorry for lauzy english)

I did it, i flashed ga-k8nf-9 with f4 bios and for now i'm relly satisfied,
finnaly smart fan works in EasyTune !

Nikonja wrote:
> What is the exact procedure with @bios flashing, do I have to do "clear DMI
> data pool an Clear PnP Data Pool" ...

Do *not* check "clear DMI data pool" and the "Clear PnP Data Pool"
checkboxes.

Also, I recommend that you *uncheck* the "Internet Update" checkbox (if
it is checked) and *manually* download/extract the new BIOS file to a
folder, or your desktop, and then click the "Update New BIOS" button,
and point @BIOS to the updated BIOS file location on your system.

> ..... and can i flash through qbios without
> floppy but with cd-rom ? (sorry for lauzy english)

I've never used qbios, but usually DOS based flash utilities are hard
coded to look for an "A:" floppy drive. You *might* be able to fool it
however by burning a bootable CD that uses floppy emulation, I don't
know as I've never really tried it.

Frankly, I'd use the @BIOS utility, as it is pretty straight forward and
reliable, although I *would* open task manager, and kill off every
unnecessary program just before using it (like antivirus, antispyware
programs, etc.). The *only* thing I leave running aside from essential
system services/tasks during a flash with @BIOS is my firewall - that's it.

-Rick