8KNXP, F12 bios and CPU temperature.

I just flashed my 8KNXP board from F6a to F12 (to support the newer,
faster P4 I'd bought).

Everything is working fine, except Motherboard monitor, which used to
behave normally with F6a, now seems to show CPU temperatures jumping
about wildly.
52 one reading, 59 the next, back to 53 then 60, then 52 again. After
a few minutes it seems to settle down, and is at the moment showing a
constant 52.

Is this a known thing with F12?

Cheers,

Dodgy.

"Dodgy" <dodgy@somewhere.earth.universe.net> wrote in message
>I just flashed my 8KNXP board from F6a to F12 (to support the newer,
> faster P4 I'd bought).
>
> Everything is working fine, except Motherboard monitor, which used to
> behave normally with F6a, now seems to show CPU temperatures jumping
> about wildly.
> 52 one reading, 59 the next, back to 53 then 60, then 52 again. After
> a few minutes it seems to settle down, and is at the moment showing a
> constant 52.
>
> Is this a known thing with F12?

I used f12 for a while, then moved to f13a, and never had such issues with
MBM. Go into the bios and check "PC Health," or whatever its called, and
watch the CPU temp. If it is stable, the problem must be with MBM. What
version are you using? Mine is v5.3.7.0.