DWL-122 not picking up DHCP with new modem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 12, 2005 9:03:03 PM

Hello,

I'm running XP SP1 and have been connecting to a DSL modem through its
wireless access point without any problems. When the modem blew a fuse due
to a power surge, I received a new one and set that up. The computers
connected via wire work fine, but my wireless is no longer able to access the
internet. The DHCP times out and I'm stuck with a 169.254.x.x IP. The
connection uses WEP verification which is currently entered correctly. I've
tried to release and renew, uninstall and reinstall the DWL-122, removed
firewalls and even repair the winsock.dll file all without any luck. I also
switched to a static IP but that didn't work either. I'm able to ping my own
computer, but not the router or other computers on the net. I am completely
lost with what to try next.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:08:23 PM

In your Modem/Router did you setup your WEP keys? Also have you tried
disabling WEP on your router and USB client and see if you get a connection
there?

Robert....

!