Arioch

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

Hi!

I just recieved a motherboard that won't display anything on my
monitor, I tried all my peripherals in a different machine, cards,
cpu, ram etc. but nothing wrong there. It powers up fine, but nothing
happens. My drives react on power-up, and I get a single BIOS beep,
but thats it. I can't see a jumper for cmos resetting, and i tried to
remove the battery but no difference. The voltage is set correctly
(133 Mhz for an athlon XP 2100). It doesn't touch the chassis
either.

wus 'appenin'?

Ian

arioch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just recieved a motherboard that won't display anything on my
> monitor, I tried all my peripherals in a different machine, cards,
> cpu, ram etc. but nothing wrong there. It powers up fine, but nothing
> happens. My drives react on power-up, and I get a single BIOS beep,
> but thats it. I can't see a jumper for cmos resetting, and i tried to
> remove the battery but no difference. The voltage is set correctly
> (133 Mhz for an athlon XP 2100). It doesn't touch the chassis
> either.
>
> wus 'appenin'?

By co-incidence this happened to me 2 years ago when I was building a &v-AXP
with a 2100 Athlon! I found that "auto" multiplier jumper setting is no
good, you need to set the multiplier manually.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-3, 19/05/2005
Tested on: 20/05/2005 00:28:42