K8NS Pro - Can't run using 2x512MB RAM?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2005 2:35:33 AM

Hello,

I have a K8NS Pro motherbaord (F9 bios) and I can not get the system to even
bootup to CMOS if I try installing two modules of 512MB RAM.

I have tried slots 1&2, 1&3 and 2&3.

It either remains a blank screen, makes long beeps, or gets to the video
card BIOS screen and reboots itself.

I have also tried using another pair of another brand of RAM.

I have also repeated all this following a CMOS reset.

It points toward the motherboard.

Is there something peculiar about the K8NS Pro and RAM or is it more likely
the motherboard is damaged.

Cheers

Bullman
May 23, 2005 2:35:34 AM

Bullman wrote:
/cut/

You could try some new BIOS if they're out.
Usually these kind of issues are solved with new BIOS revisions.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535