SMART is disabled

Deon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,

I'm new to this NG, so thank you very much so long for your help.

I have just bought a PC with a GA-K8VM800M motherboard which I am very
happy with. Upon booting, I notice that the S.M.A.R.T. function is disabled
on my motherboard. Where do I enable it again? I want this to be enabled
but cannot find any place where to enable it.

--
Regards,
Deon Holtzhausen

Deon wrote:

> I have just bought a PC with a GA-K8VM800M motherboard which I am very
> happy with. Upon booting, I notice that the S.M.A.R.T. function is
> disabled on my motherboard. Where do I enable it again? I want this
> to be enabled but cannot find any place where to enable it.

You can enable S.M.A.R.T. in the BIOS, but do you have a software
program to monitor the information with? If not, leave it disabled.

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:06:38 GMT, Travis Jordan wrote:

> Deon wrote:
>
>> I have just bought a PC with a GA-K8VM800M motherboard which I am very
>> happy with. Upon booting, I notice that the S.M.A.R.T. function is
>> disabled on my motherboard. Where do I enable it again? I want this
>> to be enabled but cannot find any place where to enable it.
>
> You can enable S.M.A.R.T. in the BIOS, but do you have a software
> program to monitor the information with? If not, leave it disabled.

Leave it off anyway, there's no much use of it and it slows down your
sistem but yust a litle bit !

On 24 May 2005 20:12:35 GMT, Deon <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm new to this NG, so thank you very much so long for your help.
>
>I have just bought a PC with a GA-K8VM800M motherboard which I am very
>happy with. Upon booting, I notice that the S.M.A.R.T. function is disabled
>on my motherboard. Where do I enable it again? I want this to be enabled
>but cannot find any place where to enable it.

When you enteres the BIOs page press Ctl-F1 and you can go to advanced
settings where you can turn on the SMART for HDs.

BigVoice.