Some of the installation CDs arriving with the hardware are without any
instructions on how to get them going, if they do not start the installation
of their own accord. In the old days they all had a instruction what file to
type in to install it.

I have one which is refuses to start installing the hardware, after I was
compelled (due to errors) to remove the installation from the computer.

What command should I enter onto "Run"? Thank you in advance.

Browse the CD and look for a file that is called "setup.exe" or
"install.exe".

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:uYZ4dwk9EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Some of the installation CDs arriving with the hardware are without any
> instructions on how to get them going, if they do not start the
> installation of their own accord. In the old days they all had a
> instruction what file to type in to install it.
>
> I have one which is refuses to start installing the hardware, after I was
> compelled (due to errors) to remove the installation from the computer.
>
> What command should I enter onto "Run"? Thank you in advance.

Look for README files on the CD and do what is says there.

Alternatively, search the CD with Explorer for "setup.exe" or
"xxxsetup.exe",
wher xxx can be just about anything, double click it to start installation.

It can be anywhere on the disk,
especially it if contains multiple directories for other
languages than English.

If you have multiple directories, use the "ENG" one, or whatever
looks likely.

If you have no setup programs, then you're stuck with a bastard
CD that has nothing but .INF files and device drivers, and there's
no way to tell which one you need. You can try starting the Add
New Hardware Wizard and pointing it to the CD, but best bet here
is to download most recent driver from mgfr's website.

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:uYZ4dwk9EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Some of the installation CDs arriving with the hardware are without any
> instructions on how to get them going, if they do not start the
installation
> of their own accord. In the old days they all had a instruction what file
> type in to install it.
>
> I have one which is refuses to start installing the hardware, after I was
> compelled (due to errors) to remove the installation from the computer.
>
> What command should I enter onto "Run"? Thank you in advance.

Most software installation CD's now adays have an AutoRun.inf file in the
root directory - within its contents the commands to start the installation
process reside - since you must have "auto run" of CD's shutoff when
installing a CD into the CD drive, you'll need to search for, open and copy
the command within to start the installation process - examples are
"setup.exe", "install.exe", "start.exe", "cd-menu.exe", etc.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!