Epson Photo 700. Clean cycle gets ink everywhere!

Howdy!

My Epson Photo 700 printer still runs great, but for some reason if I run a
cleaning cyle it ends up messing everything in sight! For some reason I get
a LOT of black on the little roller second closest to where the printhead
parks. After a clean I have to put 5 or 6 sheets through to blot the ink
off... these sheets end up with a black strip more that 1/4" wide down their
length. Also, I get random black marks and streaks over my printing which
also seem to line up with several of the rollers.

I assume that the reservior sponges that the cleaning cycle spits into are
full and are messing up the bottom of the print head and getting ink on
other items. Can these be replaced? How about cleaned?

What else could be causing the mess after a cleaning cycle?

Does anyone have any instructions or manual on how to disassemble the
rollers and printhead bar so the undersides of these items can be cleaned?

Thanks!!!

"Nooser" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> I assume that the reservior sponges that the cleaning cycle spits into are
> full and are messing up the bottom of the print head and getting ink on
> other items. Can these be replaced? How about cleaned?

I don't know if this helps you, but I had to clean the thick black sludge
from my HP DeskJet - where the printhead rests. It wasn't causing a problem
but I wanted to clean it anyway. I just took a chopstick and slowly took
the sludge out.

This should not be occurring, but there are a few likely causes (all
answered in the cleaning manual I supply free of charge via private email)

1) the waste ink system is backing up unlikely unless you have had the
all flashing lights symptoms and rather than having the waste pads
replaced, you just reset the machine using either the Epson button
sequence, or the "Russian program" that doe sit.

2) You may have a clog or a defect in the cleaning station section,
causing the ink to back up

3) Dried ink may have developed in the cleaning station and needs to be
removed

4) The bottom of the head has dried ink, paper scraps or even hair
adhered to it and needs cleaning.

As mentioned using the above email address for me, email and request the
cleaning guide for Epson printers, no charge.

Art