GA-7VRXP & USB2

I'm having a problem with my Rev 1.1 board. Every time I plug my new
Safecom external HDD enclosure in to a USB2 socket I get a BSOD.

The enclosure works in ok in a USB1 socket (albeit at USB1 speeds) but I
get the BSOD even if it's the only device plugged into a USB2 socket.

I've determined that my W2KP setup only is only using version 2.0.0.1 of
the USB2 Hub Driver and would like to try later drivers to see if that
resolves the problem, only I can't find any.

Can anyone help?

--

Simon Elliott

Simon Elliott wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my Rev 1.1 board. Every time I plug my new
> Safecom external HDD enclosure in to a USB2 socket I get a BSOD.
>
> The enclosure works in ok in a USB1 socket (albeit at USB1 speeds) but I
> get the BSOD even if it's the only device plugged into a USB2 socket.
>
> I've determined that my W2KP setup only is only using version 2.0.0.1 of
> the USB2 Hub Driver and would like to try later drivers to see if that
> resolves the problem, only I can't find any.
>
> Can anyone help?

Whoops, spoke too soon.

Found them at -
<http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-7VRXP%20(Rev%201.1).htm>