K8NS Pro: Problem with drives into programs

Hello

I had installed a K8NS Pro and completely new installation of XP Prof SP2.
When I use exp.Copyscanner, MP3 Ripper or DVD Ripper I have a problem.
My drives will be not shown or named by unreadable characters for the
drive names. It often happen when I use ASPI driver but not allways on all
programs.

It is RAID Board but I don´t use RAID. I use it to connect 7 EIDE devices (4
harddiscs
and 3 CD´/DVD drives).

Did anybody know what is the problem?
Newest version of board drivers (including RAID controller driver) be
installed.
ASPI drivers newest version from Adaptec.

THX
Thomas
1 answer Last reply
More about k8ns problem drives programs

    Sounds like its the s/w you are using. I have seen these types of problems
    before particulayly wit "Gear ASPI" and GearSec.

    Look for updates.

    "Thomas Wohlgemuth" <twohlgemuth_nospam@hilcom-online.de> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I had installed a K8NS Pro and completely new installation of XP Prof SP2.
    > When I use exp.Copyscanner, MP3 Ripper or DVD Ripper I have a problem.
    > My drives will be not shown or named by unreadable characters for the
    > drive names. It often happen when I use ASPI driver but not allways on all
    > programs.
    >
    > It is RAID Board but I don´t use RAID. I use it to connect 7 EIDE devices
    > (4 harddiscs
    > and 3 CD´/DVD drives).
    >
    > Did anybody know what is the problem?
    > Newest version of board drivers (including RAID controller driver) be
    > installed.
    > ASPI drivers newest version from Adaptec.
    >
    > THX
    > Thomas

Gigabyte NAS / RAID Motherboards