GA-7VT600-1394 Bios

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2005 8:46:13 PM

Hi

My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)

I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.

I flash back to F6 and it is fine.

Any Ideas?

The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master

More about : 7vt600 1394 bios

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2005 2:57:17 AM

Paul Clarke wrote:
> Any Ideas?

If it hurts when you beat your head against the wall, stop doing it.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2005 3:57:27 AM

Paul Clarke wrote:
> Hi
>
> My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)
>
> I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.
>
> I flash back to F6 and it is fine.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master

Try setting failsafe defaults in the F7 BIOS, or at least disabling "Top
Performance". That's a starter for you.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 08/06/2005
Tested on: 08/06/2005 23:57:30
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2005 4:08:50 AM

Ian Oxley wrote:
> Paul Clarke wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)
>>
>> I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.
>>
>> I flash back to F6 and it is fine.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master
>

> Try setting failsafe defaults in the F7 BIOS, or at least disabling "Top
> Performance". That's a starter for you.

I notice that F7 adds a "hard disk boot priority option". Could be a
clue? Set it to HDD-0.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 08/06/2005
Tested on: 09/06/2005 00:08:50