GA-7VT600-1394 Bios

Hi

My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)

I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.

I flash back to F6 and it is fine.

Any Ideas?

The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master
3 answers Last reply
More about 7vt600 1394 bios

    Paul Clarke wrote:
    > Any Ideas?

    If it hurts when you beat your head against the wall, stop doing it.

    Paul Clarke wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)
    >
    > I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.
    >
    > I flash back to F6 and it is fine.
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master

    Try setting failsafe defaults in the F7 BIOS, or at least disabling "Top
    Performance". That's a starter for you.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 08/06/2005
    Tested on: 08/06/2005 23:57:30

    Ian Oxley wrote:
    > Paul Clarke wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> My machine is running the F6 Bios and is fine. (ish!!)
    >>
    >> I tried updating to F7 Bios and the PC no longer boots - Says NO OS.
    >>
    >> I flash back to F6 and it is fine.
    >>
    >> Any Ideas?
    >>
    >> The OS is on an IDE drive - Primary Master
    >

    > Try setting failsafe defaults in the F7 BIOS, or at least disabling "Top
    > Performance". That's a starter for you.

    I notice that F7 adds a "hard disk boot priority option". Could be a
    clue? Set it to HDD-0.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 08/06/2005
    Tested on: 09/06/2005 00:08:50

Gigabyte BIOS Motherboards