plustek 12000P scanner drivers

I've got a plustek 12000P scanner and I just recently upgraded to XP home
from 98. the plustek website indicates there are no drivers for this model
for xp. however, driverguide.com indicates that the turbo model , 12000T
driver works with the 12000P. I tried it and it failed with the message "Can
not establish connection with the Scanner, please run the Scanner utility
program". when i run the scanner utility program, i get messages that the
program cannot find the scanner and that it cannot verify the printer port.
has anyone successfully used this driver for the 12000P? thanks.
--
Gary Roach
ADB Services

Gary Roach wrote:
> I've got a plustek 12000P scanner and I just recently upgraded to XP
> home from 98. the plustek website indicates there are no drivers for
> this model for xp. however, driverguide.com indicates that the turbo
> model , 12000T driver works with the 12000P. I tried it and it failed
> with the message "Can not establish connection with the Scanner,
> please run the Scanner utility program". when i run the scanner
> utility program, i get messages that the program cannot find the
> scanner and that it cannot verify the printer port. has anyone
> successfully used this driver for the 12000P? thanks.

You plustek scanner is useless in WinXP since Plustek has not provided
an WinXP driver. Plustek itself is useless since it is no longer in
business (well before WinXP). Printer pass-through is no longer
supported in WinXP either. You might find some improvement by removing
the printer and resetting the parallel port parameters manually to
whatever the scanner expected in Win98, but I would advise a scanner
replacement. Revert to Win98 if you do not have USB on that computer,
since most newer scanners are USB. There are few WinXP-compatible
parallel port scanners marketed.