Q: Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

Getting a bit confused with Mame!

Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

I used to play a Amiga Game called Leathal Weapon a lot. In see it is in
Mame but not at KLOV.

So is this an Arcade Game or is a Port from a Console / Computer Game?
5 answers Last reply
More about mame arcade games only

    "Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in

    > Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

    The initials in this acronym stand for:

    Multiple
    Arcade
    Machine
    Emulator

    That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware, and so it
    would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga games" under MAME.
    Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type hardware.

    Hung N <find@my.crack> wrote in

    > "Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in
    >
    >> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?
    >
    > The initials in this acronym stand for:
    >
    > Multiple
    > Arcade
    > Machine
    > Emulator
    >
    > That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware, and
    > so it would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga
    > games" under MAME. Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type hardware.

    Yeah like the ones that were in Arcade Games .

    Hitesh wrote:

    > Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

    Yes.

    > I used to play a Amiga Game called Leathal Weapon a lot. In see it is in
    > Mame but not at KLOV.
    > So is this an Arcade Game or is a Port from a Console / Computer Game?

    Lots of titles appeared in both the arcades and on home computers/consoles.
    Some of them official 'ports' by the original designers.

    If you played it on the Amiga, then it won't be the same game in MAME.

    You can play the Amiga version on UAE.

    Regards,

    --
    | Mark McDougall | "Electrical Engineers do it
    | <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug> | with less resistance!"

    > > "Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in

    > >> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?
    > >
    > > The initials in this acronym stand for:
    > >
    > > Multiple
    > > Arcade
    > > Machine
    > > Emulator
    > >
    > > That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware,
    and
    > > so it would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga
    > > games" under MAME. Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type
    hardware.

    it also doesnt have to be an arcade game it just has to be an arcade
    machine

    well the nes has its arcade counterpart as does the genesis

    in fact there was a few (5) genesis arcade machines dedicated to
    disneys gargoyles
    (a genesis bolted down in a cab i kid you not)

    an amiga is strech there is another emulator called mess and it is
    quite a mess right now

    so the answer is no, mame is not arcade games only it is arcade
    machines only
    although i am at a loss to think of an arcade machine that is not a game

    2000man@wongfaye.com wrote in news:1109638334.105637.184400
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > so the answer is no, mame is not arcade games only it is arcade
    > machines only
    > although i am at a loss to think of an arcade machine that is not a game

    Sente Diagnostic Cartridge.

Games Computers Consoles Video Games