Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Q: Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 2:00:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Getting a bit confused with Mame!

Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

I used to play a Amiga Game called Leathal Weapon a lot. In see it is in
Mame but not at KLOV.

So is this an Arcade Game or is a Port from a Console / Computer Game?

More about : mame arcade games

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:59:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

"Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in
news:cvs995$gm3$1@hercules.btinternet.com:

> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

The initials in this acronym stand for:

Multiple
Arcade
Machine
Emulator

That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware, and so it
would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga games" under MAME.
Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type hardware.
February 27, 2005 3:59:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hung N <find@my.crack> wrote in
news:Xns960A5BADF4BF7sneakyboyfastmailfm@198.164.200.20:

> "Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in
> news:cvs995$gm3$1@hercules.btinternet.com:
>
>> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?
>
> The initials in this acronym stand for:
>
> Multiple
> Arcade
> Machine
> Emulator
>
> That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware, and
> so it would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga
> games" under MAME. Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type hardware.
>

Yeah like the ones that were in Arcade Games .
Related resources
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 2:02:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hitesh wrote:

> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?

Yes.

> I used to play a Amiga Game called Leathal Weapon a lot. In see it is in
> Mame but not at KLOV.
> So is this an Arcade Game or is a Port from a Console / Computer Game?

Lots of titles appeared in both the arcades and on home computers/consoles.
Some of them official 'ports' by the original designers.

If you played it on the Amiga, then it won't be the same game in MAME.

You can play the Amiga version on UAE.

Regards,

--
| Mark McDougall | "Electrical Engineers do it
| <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug&gt; | with less resistance!"
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:52:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

> > "Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in

> > news:cvs995$gm3$1@hercules.btinternet.com:
> >
> >> Is Mame Arcade Games Only?
> >
> > The initials in this acronym stand for:
> >
> > Multiple
> > Arcade
> > Machine
> > Emulator
> >
> > That being said, there are arcade games which used Amiga hardware,
and
> > so it would therefore not be a stretch to emulate certain "Amiga
> > games" under MAME. Same goes for NES, SNES and Genesis-type
hardware.
> >
>
it also doesnt have to be an arcade game it just has to be an arcade
machine

well the nes has its arcade counterpart as does the genesis

in fact there was a few (5) genesis arcade machines dedicated to
disneys gargoyles
(a genesis bolted down in a cab i kid you not)

an amiga is strech there is another emulator called mess and it is
quite a mess right now


so the answer is no, mame is not arcade games only it is arcade
machines only
although i am at a loss to think of an arcade machine that is not a game
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:22:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

2000man@wongfaye.com wrote in news:1109638334.105637.184400
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> so the answer is no, mame is not arcade games only it is arcade
> machines only
> although i am at a loss to think of an arcade machine that is not a game

Sente Diagnostic Cartridge.
!