PSB Parking - GA-8I875Ultra

What should I do with this option in BIOS?
It's currently set to off but I don't know if it would get me more
performance if I turn it on.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535
3 answers Last reply
More about parking 8i875ultra

    Glitch wrote:
    > What should I do with this option in BIOS?
    > It's currently set to off but I don't know if it would get me more
    > performance if I turn it on.

    I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this option
    turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I cured
    the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit and
    was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
    Back-up and give it a whirl!

    Geezah wrote:
    > I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this
    > option turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I
    > cured the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit
    > and was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
    > Back-up and give it a whirl!

    OK,I'll try that then. My latencies are 2.5-3-3-6 even though my RAM is
    pretty bad (Viking DDR400 2x512).

    --
    Glitches are BAD!!!
    Beware...

    ICQ:275699535

    Geezah wrote:
    I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this
    > option turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I
    > cured the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit
    > and was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
    > Back-up and give it a whirl!

    Well, I turned on the option and though it gives me just a marginal
    upgrade it's better than nothingn .My timings didn't seem to affect it
    (2.5-3-3-6).
    Bye!
    --
    Glitches are BAD!!!