PSB Parking - GA-8I875Ultra

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 12, 2005 5:45:47 PM

What should I do with this option in BIOS?
It's currently set to off but I don't know if it would get me more
performance if I turn it on.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535

More about : psb parking 8i875ultra

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2005 5:45:48 PM

Glitch wrote:
> What should I do with this option in BIOS?
> It's currently set to off but I don't know if it would get me more
> performance if I turn it on.

I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this option
turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I cured
the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit and
was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
Back-up and give it a whirl!

June 12, 2005 9:54:31 PM

Geezah wrote:
> I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this
> option turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I
> cured the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit
> and was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
> Back-up and give it a whirl!

OK,I'll try that then. My latencies are 2.5-3-3-6 even though my RAM is
pretty bad (Viking DDR400 2x512).

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535
June 15, 2005 3:21:39 PM

Geezah wrote:
I have the 8KNXP, rev. 2. I do get a performance boost with this
> option turned on, but it can cause errors, generally interrupt related.I
> cured the errors by backing off my RAM timings (CAS from 2 to 2.5)a bit
> and was still faster than I was with CAS at 2.5 & PSB Parking turned off.
> Back-up and give it a whirl!

Well, I turned on the option and though it gives me just a marginal
upgrade it's better than nothingn .My timings didn't seem to affect it
(2.5-3-3-6).
Bye!
--
Glitches are BAD!!!