Lexmark 3150 Can't Close Lid

I installed the software for this printer. When I go to print or try
calibrating the printer I get an error that the printer lid is not
closed properly.
I followed the direction as indicated and it still says the lid is not
closed properly.
Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution?

I have this problem now, the lexmark support folks said it would be cheaper to purchase another printer. Doesn't anyone out there know what the problem is??? Come on it can't be that complicated...