signal strength

Hi just set a wireless network and moved one of the pcs into position
downstairs, the pc upstairs has a very good signal strength and the one
downstairs has low to no signal?

How can this be? they still work ok
2 answers Last reply
More about signal strength

    "c_bcan" wrote:
    > Hi just set a wireless network and moved one of the pcs into position
    > downstairs, the pc upstairs has a very good signal strength and the one
    > downstairs has low to no signal?
    >
    > How can this be? they still work ok

    This is possible. Concrete floor is a much harder obstacle for the signal
    than walls.

    --PA

    A quick note: antenna design also dictates how far the signal will travel
    and for that matter: the signal strength. Most routers documentation I've
    read recommend that you place the router on the upper levels since the
    antennas provide better reception on the same level and degrade a little
    moving down. Placing the router on a lower levels of a house is bad since
    the signal doesn't travel well vertically.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    "c_bcan" <ellisa2079@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi just set a wireless network and moved one of the pcs into position
    > downstairs, the pc upstairs has a very good signal strength and the one
    > downstairs has low to no signal?
    >
    > How can this be? they still work ok

Wireless Network Networking Wireless Networking