USB Portable Player

January 11, 2005 9:23:02 PM

I have recently got a portable usb mp3player. Well the first few days
everything was working properly when transfering music from my PC to the mp3
player. But since then when i connect it to the PC and try to transfer music,
it displays the player as only 112KB or so, when it is a 512MB player! I
could hard fit a song with that hardly half a song. And on the player it
keeps displaying "Disk Error" when switched on, and I don't know what's the
problem or what caused it! If there is anyone who knows please I would very
much appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve it?

Tim

More about : usb portable player

January 12, 2005 10:27:04 AM

Hi,

The file format on the Hdd of the MP3 player is corrupted. Read the user
manual for how to format the hdd of the MP3 player. For some MP3 player, it
showed as as removale storage device in the device manager, and can be
formated by right click on it and select format, you should format the drive
in FAT file format.
Or, you can go to the MP3 player website and download the firmware upgrade
to fix the problem. Special care should be taken to avoid permanent damager
to the player. Strictly follow the instructions for how to upgrade firmware.

Hope it helps.

Peter

"Southwood" wrote:

> I have recently got a portable usb mp3player. Well the first few days
> everything was working properly when transfering music from my PC to the mp3
> player. But since then when i connect it to the PC and try to transfer music,
> it displays the player as only 112KB or so, when it is a 512MB player! I
> could hard fit a song with that hardly half a song. And on the player it
> keeps displaying "Disk Error" when switched on, and I don't know what's the
> problem or what caused it! If there is anyone who knows please I would very
> much appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve it?
>
> Tim
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:16:32 PM

Southwood wrote:
> I have recently got a portable usb mp3player. Well the first few days
> everything was working properly when transfering music from my PC to
> the mp3 player. But since then when i connect it to the PC and try to
> transfer music, it displays the player as only 112KB or so, when it
> is a 512MB player! I could hard fit a song with that hardly half a
> song. And on the player it keeps displaying "Disk Error" when
> switched on, and I don't know what's the problem or what caused it!
> If there is anyone who knows please I would very much appreciate it
> if you could tell me how to solve it?
>
> Tim

The fact that the player *itself* says it has a disk error should tell you
that the problem is not with Windows, it's with the device itself. Sounds
like it's got a problem. Contact the manufacturer - it should still be under
warranty.
!