Device Manager: Other Devices?

When I open Device manager among all the various entries is one called
"Other Devices" with a gold ? beside it.
When I expand the category, there are 3 entries: "Ethernet Controller"' "SM
Bus Controller", and "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller". Each of these
also has a gold ? beside it. Each entry informs me that no driver is
installed, and none can be found.
I can't find these drivers on my Win XP Pro CD, on my HD, or anywhere I've
looked on the web.
Does anyone know where the appropriate drivers can be downloaded.

Thanx:

Tom

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi, either go to the motherboard manufacturers website and check with them
as too which drivers are required. Or go to the chipset's website and
download their drivers, for example, if you've a NVidia chipset the go here
for the unified drivers appropriate for your OS, or here
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1 for the Via Hyperion's
again appropriate for your OS. It would help if you posted up more info as
to the make and model of your motherboard and the OS, you can get a utility
from here
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3 that
will help you to get this information, please do so before you try to
install any drivers...
ChrisC
"Thomas Ponta" <t.ponta@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> When I open Device manager among all the various entries is one called
> "Other Devices" with a gold ? beside it.
> When I expand the category, there are 3 entries: "Ethernet Controller"'
> "SM
> Bus Controller", and "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller". Each of
> these
> also has a gold ? beside it. Each entry informs me that no driver is
> installed, and none can be found.
> I can't find these drivers on my Win XP Pro CD, on my HD, or anywhere I've
> looked on the web.
> Does anyone know where the appropriate drivers can be downloaded.
>
> Thanx:
>
> Tom

SMBus -- part of the motherboard chipset drivers

Ethernet Controller -- feature included directly on the motherboard and/or
separate PCI card. Check for motherboard driver CD and/or PCI card drivers
(CD/floppy)

USB Controller -- Check on motherboard driver CD.
NOTE: It may be a USB 2.0 controller. You
will need to install SP1(a) or SP2 to get the correct drivers.