Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.
2 answers Last reply
More about motherboards caps epidemic

    "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
    news:48xte.4585$eV4.2097@fed1read01...
    > http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/resource/feb03/ncap.html
    This is three year old news. The main spate of problems where in 2002, and
    the article is Feb 2003...

    Best Wishes

    "Roger Hamlett" <rogerspamignored@ttelmah.demon.co.uk> wrote

    > This is three year old news. The main spate of problems where in 2002, and
    > the article is Feb 2003...

    I though there may be lots of people that didn't know about it ... like me!

    Plus I posted it in alt.comp.periphs.overclocking.amd and it was said that
    some are breaking in the last six months.

    Apparently if you don't run your pc for long hours it can take a while for
    the caps to break out, because the generated destructive gas has a chance to
    dissipate.

    So I'm hoping that anyone with a board problem will now know to check the
    caps.
    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/