Motherboards With Bad Caps Epidemic

"Roger Hamlett" <rogerspamignored@ttelmah.demon.co.uk> wrote

> This is three year old news. The main spate of problems where in 2002, and
> the article is Feb 2003...

I though there may be lots of people that didn't know about it ... like me!

Plus I posted it in alt.comp.periphs.overclocking.amd and it was said that
some are breaking in the last six months.

Apparently if you don't run your pc for long hours it can take a while for
the caps to break out, because the generated destructive gas has a chance to
dissipate.

So I'm hoping that anyone with a board problem will now know to check the
caps.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/