Problem with network adapter.....

Please, help!
I have my home network, which cosists of two computers: desktop ad laptop.
The both have Win XP + Sp 2. Desctop has ECS 848P-A motherboard with
integrated network adapter. After turning the power off on this computer I
have the message on my laptop "Network cable is disconnected" but in few
moments new message appears "Network cable connected" and only if I would
disconnect power supply cable of my desctop from AC power supply the message
"Network cable is disconnected" appears. Please give me any advices about
motherboard BIOS settings to decide my problem.

bar

Well if you are looking at this problem from the laptop: you don't have a
problem in BIOS. Your network adapter settings in Windows has been
configured to Show Icon in Notification area when connected. If you don't
want this appearing, then open up Network Connection, right click on the
network adapter and choose properties. At the lower part of the window you
can uncheck the Show Icon in Notification area when connected.

On the desktop you may have the NIC set to allow this device to wake up the
computer. It will have power available to it when the PC is off to allow
this to happen.

"Marinero" wrote:

> Please, help!
> I have my home network, which cosists of two computers: desktop ad laptop.
> The both have Win XP + Sp 2. Desctop has ECS 848P-A motherboard with
> integrated network adapter. After turning the power off on this computer I
> have the message on my laptop "Network cable is disconnected" but in few
> moments new message appears "Network cable connected" and only if I would
> disconnect power supply cable of my desctop from AC power supply the message
> "Network cable is disconnected" appears. Please give me any advices about
> motherboard BIOS settings to decide my problem.

The problem is in your head.

--
Jonah