GA-K8NSC-939 and memory speed

I'm very pleased with my upgrade to this M/B, combined with an Athlon 64
Winchester 3000+, SATA raid enabled.

I don't play any games and don't need any overclocking, but I wonder why
CPUZ shows my Crucial PC3200 RAM running dual DDR, but only at 166MHz,
rather than the speed it is rated at? Loading fastest options in BIOS is
rewarded with a really scary blue screen. Is this because Crucial RAM is
not the very best?

Any advice, please?

Bill Morgan
Crickhowell, Powys, UK
2 answers Last reply
More about k8nsc memory speed

    I have the same problem with the same motherboard. I had to go into the BIOS
    and manually set the ram speed to 200mhz and that fixed the problem.

    "Bill Morgan" <wdmorgan@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > I'm very pleased with my upgrade to this M/B, combined with an Athlon 64
    > Winchester 3000+, SATA raid enabled.
    >
    > I don't play any games and don't need any overclocking, but I wonder why
    > CPUZ shows my Crucial PC3200 RAM running dual DDR, but only at 166MHz,
    > rather than the speed it is rated at? Loading fastest options in BIOS is
    > rewarded with a really scary blue screen. Is this because Crucial RAM is
    > not the very best?
    >
    > Any advice, please?
    >
    > Bill Morgan
    > Crickhowell, Powys, UK

    Yes, fixed it. The solution is not immediately obvious in BIOS, one needs
    to RFM [Ctrl + F1 needed to access hidden settings].
    I've run my AIDA32 memory write benchmark and this has gone up from around
    4500 to 5409MB/s, top of the list ! [all be it a rather outdated list now].
    In all, a useful exercise. Many thanks.

    Bill Morgan
    Crickhowell, Powys, UK

    "Anonymoose" <none@this.time.now> wrote in message
    >I have the same problem with the same motherboard. I had to go into the
    >BIOS and manually set the ram speed to 200mhz and that fixed the problem.
    >
    > "Bill Morgan" <wdmorgan@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm very pleased with my upgrade to this M/B, combined with an Athlon 64
    >> Winchester 3000+, SATA raid enabled.
    >>
    >> I don't play any games and don't need any overclocking, but I wonder why
    >> CPUZ shows my Crucial PC3200 RAM running dual DDR, but only at 166MHz,
    >> rather than the speed it is rated at? Loading fastest options in BIOS is
    >> rewarded with a really scary blue screen. Is this because Crucial RAM is
    >> not the very best?
    >>
    >> Any advice, please?
    >>
    >> Bill Morgan
    >> Crickhowell, Powys, UK