8iPE775-G problem, need help

The manual for this board documents a setting in
BIOS where I can set the memory speed multiplier as
follows:
main menu>frequency/voltage control>"memory Frequency for"

manual shows 4 settings for FSB = 800 Mhz: 2.0, 1.6, 1.33, auto

But the BIOS shows only 2.0 and 1.6. I must run my memory at
1.6 or 1.33. How can I see the choices the manual shows?
How can I force the mobo to run at 4:5 memory to FSB
ratio?

Second problem: My BIOS is "F4", date of Feb. 2005.
The gigabyte site shows the latest as "F3" with a
Sep. 2004 date. I D/L F3, but it won't load, I get
an error message and the update stops. How do I
flash the BIOS (I mean besides the normal way which doesn't work)
Anyone else successful at doing this?

Jeff

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:20:53 -0600, hkl <hjk@lkl.net> wrote:

>Second problem: My BIOS is "F4", date of Feb. 2005.
>The gigabyte site shows the latest as "F3" with a
>Sep. 2004 date. I D/L F3, but it won't load, I get
>an error message and the update stops. How do I
>flash the BIOS (I mean besides the normal way which doesn't work)
>Anyone else successful at doing this?

Why? You have installed the latest and normally best BIOS by default
and you try to install an older version.

Udo

Udo Kammer wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:20:53 -0600, hkl <hjk@lkl.net> wrote:
>

>>Second problem: My BIOS is "F4", date of Feb. 2005.
>>The gigabyte site shows the latest as "F3" with a
>>Sep. 2004 date. I D/L F3, but it won't load, I get
>>an error message and the update stops. How do I
>>flash the BIOS (I mean besides the normal way which doesn't work)
>>Anyone else successful at doing this?
>

> Why? You have installed the latest and normally best BIOS by default
> and you try to install an older version.
>
> Udo

Two reasons:
The board has a defect which appears
to be the fault of the BIOS, so changing it is the only
option I have to try to fix this defect.

Also, changing the BIOS serves as a test to determine if
the changing the BIOS is even possible on this board.

Jeff