files needed problem

I have a very recent Toshiba laptop with XP home edition, SP2
intalled. I cannot properly install any hardware. Every USB device i
plug will bring up the Found New Hardware popup, then when it tries to
install the driver a popup always states that file needed. Even when
i locate the file the install still will not successfully work. I
cannot even install a logitec usb mouse. The same file needed box
pops up when installing from the provided hardware CD. The file
needed changes with the piece of hardware i try to intall but is
always a .sys file.

Hi!

Do you locate the file in the Dialog box? by browsing to the directory and
selecting the exact file?
maybe your drivers are not SP2 compatible?!

Try to search for the file name by windows find and locate them

More details please if this is not your case

--
Regards,
Sincerely,