There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD..

Hi there,
the inbuilt CD writing ability in XP has stopped working on
my laptop. It maybe XP SP2 that has knocked it out, but I'm just guessing.
Now when I attempt to "Write these files to CD" the wizard appears, but when
I click on the next button, it reports that there is no disk in the drive,
even though there is and you can see the contents O.K. in explorer. There
is no problem with the drive as the laptop came with Roxio installed and
this still works. The "Erase CD" option has also disappeared from the right
click menu.

"Waldy" <waldy@notmail.com> wrote:

> the inbuilt CD writing ability in XP has stopped working on
>my laptop. It maybe XP SP2 that has knocked it out, but I'm just guessing.
>Now when I attempt to "Write these files to CD" the wizard appears, but when
>I click on the next button, it reports that there is no disk in the drive,

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

--
(tm)

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
> CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

Already been there. The solution that is listed for this issue has not
fixed the problem on my laptop.