Wireless Network Laptop

Hello there, I have a basic wireless networking quesiton I've been trying to
figure out for a long time!

I've recently got a Linksys WRT54G router. Heres my basic setup. I connect
to the internet through wireless on my laptop. I have 3 other PCs connected
through LAN. I would like to connect my laptop to my LAN network and be able
to copy/write files to and from my other computers. The problem is, when I
connect the laptop to the LAN via ethernet, it works fine, I can see all the
other computers, etc. But when I go through wireless, it says that I have no
access. I've read a few tutorials and primers, but I still cant get it to
work.

I also have a question, I sometimes connect my laptop to some free hotspots
in cafes I visit regularly, I would like it so that when Im connected to
those particular wireless networks that my laptop files arent shared.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless network laptop

    Can someone please answer this one I have the same problem, all machine can
    ping each other & are obviously connected. It looks like some sort of LAN
    DNS/netbios problem between the subnets but I just can't figure it out

    "piyo319" wrote:

    > Hello there, I have a basic wireless networking quesiton I've been trying to
    > figure out for a long time!
    >
    > I've recently got a Linksys WRT54G router. Heres my basic setup. I connect
    > to the internet through wireless on my laptop. I have 3 other PCs connected
    > through LAN. I would like to connect my laptop to my LAN network and be able
    > to copy/write files to and from my other computers. The problem is, when I
    > connect the laptop to the LAN via ethernet, it works fine, I can see all the
    > other computers, etc. But when I go through wireless, it says that I have no
    > access. I've read a few tutorials and primers, but I still cant get it to
    > work.
    >
    > I also have a question, I sometimes connect my laptop to some free hotspots
    > in cafes I visit regularly, I would like it so that when Im connected to
    > those particular wireless networks that my laptop files arent shared.

Laptops Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking