zilla

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002

Old I know but works for the most part...

I keep losing USB connections on this board. For example
all of a sudden my USB keyboard or mouse loses connection
(no response from mouse of keystrokes). I have to unplug/plug
them. I've updated the latest drivers, and Win2k/SP4 updates.

I have a 400W psu with 512MB, AMD1800, 3 HDs,
2 CD/DVD-ROMs and a floppy.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Ian

Zilla wrote:
> Old I know but works for the most part...
>
> I keep losing USB connections on this board. For example
> all of a sudden my USB keyboard or mouse loses connection
> (no response from mouse of keystrokes). I have to unplug/plug
> them. I've updated the latest drivers, and Win2k/SP4 updates.
>
> I have a 400W psu with 512MB, AMD1800, 3 HDs,
> 2 CD/DVD-ROMs and a floppy.

Silly question, have you enabled USB keyboard and mouse in the BIOS?
Windows will sort of see them anyway, but less reliably.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-1, 11/07/2005
Tested on: 12/07/2005 02:02:53

zilla

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002

"Ian" <ian@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Zilla wrote:
> > Old I know but works for the most part...
> >
> > I keep losing USB connections on this board. For example
> > all of a sudden my USB keyboard or mouse loses connection
> > (no response from mouse of keystrokes). I have to unplug/plug
> > them. I've updated the latest drivers, and Win2k/SP4 updates.
> >
> > I have a 400W psu with 512MB, AMD1800, 3 HDs,
> > 2 CD/DVD-ROMs and a floppy.
> >

> Silly question, have you enabled USB keyboard and mouse in the BIOS?
> Windows will sort of see them anyway, but less reliably.
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0528-1, 11/07/2005
> Tested on: 12/07/2005 02:02:53

Thanks, not silly at all. Yes I have enabled keyboard/mouse in BIOS.
It's NOT just the keyboard and mouse but any USB device, like my
printer, APC BackUPS. I just gave those as examples.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA