Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro, ITE 8212F latest driver and strang..

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2005 8:29:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

Hello,
I'm using a Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro motherboard.
It has latest Bios (F5)

I've connected 4 IDE hard disk on the ITE8212F controller of the motherboard
:
Primary IDE master: first IBM 60 GB hard disk
Primary IDE slave: Western Digital 120 GB
Secondary IDE master: second IBM 60 GB hard disk
Secondary IDE slave : Seagate 80 GB.

The two IBM 60 GB hard disk are in mirror mode (RAID 1), the two other (80
GB and 120 GB) are just two independant disk.

The os is Windows XP SP2, and I installed the latest ITE8212F drivers from:

http://www.iteusa.com/software_download/software_downlo...


I've strange error event in the event viewer, System log.

Event properties :
Type : Warning
Event ID: 26
Source: iteraid

text : "The driver has detected that device \Device\Scsi\iteraid1 has old or
out-of-date firmware. Reduced performance may result."


This message is duplicated a lot of time in my system log.

The driver file (in system32\drivers) is:
iteraid.sys, size: 25423 bytes
version: 5.0.2195.1620
file version: 1.7.1.91

Le pilote a détecté que le périphérique %1 contient un programme intégré
ancien ou périmé. Des performances réduites peuvent en résulter.


I suppose my drivers from ITE website is more recent than driver build by
Gigabyte, and this driver want a more recent Bios/firmware for the ITE chip
than version included by Gigabyte...

More about : gigabyte 8i945p pro ite 8212f latest driver strang

July 14, 2005 10:11:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 04:29:48 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm using a Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro motherboard.
>It has latest Bios (F5)
>
>I've connected 4 IDE hard disk on the ITE8212F controller of the motherboard
>:
>Primary IDE master: first IBM 60 GB hard disk
>Primary IDE slave: Western Digital 120 GB
>Secondary IDE master: second IBM 60 GB hard disk
>Secondary IDE slave : Seagate 80 GB.
>
>The two IBM 60 GB hard disk are in mirror mode (RAID 1), the two other (80
>GB and 120 GB) are just two independant disk.
>
>The os is Windows XP SP2, and I installed the latest ITE8212F drivers from:
>
>http://www.iteusa.com/software_download/software_downlo...
>



Do not Use these drivers as they are made for ITE cards Only, and have to work
with the New ITE Bios that you can't use.


Hassle Gigabyte, like I did and they updated the MoBo bios for me, but was
never realest to the Public.


Use the Driver that Gigabyte provides.



>I've strange error event in the event viewer, System log.
>
>Event properties :
>Type : Warning
>Event ID: 26
>Source: iteraid
>
>text : "The driver has detected that device \Device\Scsi\iteraid1 has old or
>out-of-date firmware. Reduced performance may result."
>
>
>This message is duplicated a lot of time in my system log.
>
>The driver file (in system32\drivers) is:
>iteraid.sys, size: 25423 bytes
>version: 5.0.2195.1620
>file version: 1.7.1.91
>
>Le pilote a détecté que le périphérique %1 contient un programme intégré
>ancien ou périmé. Des performances réduites peuvent en résulter.
>
>
>I suppose my drivers from ITE website is more recent than driver build by
>Gigabyte, and this driver want a more recent Bios/firmware for the ITE chip
>than version included by Gigabyte...
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2005 6:25:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> a écrit dans le message de news:
180cd15omv5ghsp6engbvukvdl3bvgffk1@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 04:29:48 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
> wrote:
>

> Do not Use these drivers as they are made for ITE cards Only, and have to
> work
> with the New ITE Bios that you can't use.
>
> Hassle Gigabyte, like I did and they updated the MoBo bios for me, but
> was
> never realest to the Public.
>
> Use the Driver that Gigabyte provides.

how did you contact Gigabyte to have the update for you ?
What is your motherboard ? GA-8I945P Pro also ?

What is the method to update ? This is just a "main" motherboard Bios which
contain the ITE Bios ? Or a specific procedure to update just ITE Bios
If yes, we can expect Gigabyte will include in their next bios update
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2005 7:55:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I've tried both :
- drivers from ITE Website : iteraid.sys 25423 bytes, 17 march 2005,
1.7.1.91
- drivers from Gigabyte Website : iteraid.sys 24 827 bytes, 25 february
2004, 1.6.1.8

They give exactly the same error message. And it's written a lot of time in
the system event log !!


Event properties :
Type : Warning
Event ID: 26
Source: iteraid

text : "The driver has detected that device \Device\Scsi\iteraid1 has old or
out-of-date firmware. Reduced performance may result."

I'm very surprised, and want at least understant what is "out of date"
July 17, 2005 9:41:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:25:44 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
wrote:

>
>"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> a écrit dans le message de news:
>180cd15omv5ghsp6engbvukvdl3bvgffk1@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 04:29:48 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>
>> Do not Use these drivers as they are made for ITE cards Only, and have to
>> work
>> with the New ITE Bios that you can't use.
>>
>> Hassle Gigabyte, like I did and they updated the MoBo bios for me, but
>> was
>> never realest to the Public.
>>
>> Use the Driver that Gigabyte provides.
>
>how did you contact Gigabyte to have the update for you ?
>What is your motherboard ? GA-8I945P Pro also ?



On there web site, I had to reply many times and in the end they offered me a
new MoBo Bios, I also used the Comments from the FAQ on the ITE web site
about Bios Updates, ie get onto your MoBo maker.



Mind you I did have problem with the Normal ITE bios that they used, with 2
Hard Drives, but worked with 4 Hard Drives, the new bios fixed that plus let
me boot from any of the 4 HD's and more devises, like USB Stick and Zip drive.

>What is the method to update ? This is just a "main" motherboard Bios which
>contain the ITE Bios ? Or a specific procedure to update just ITE Bios
>If yes, we can expect Gigabyte will include in their next bios update
>


Totally new MoBo Bios, but for a older last years MoBo.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2005 9:41:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> a écrit dans le message de news:
1crjd1trapoiid0bulooadm1filtl8487u@4ax.com...

> I also used the Comments from the FAQ on the ITE web site
> about Bios Updates, ie get onto your MoBo maker.
the only contact I found on ITE website is
http://www.iteusa.com/customer_service/contact_window2....
July 17, 2005 9:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:55:10 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
wrote:

>I've tried both :
>- drivers from ITE Website : iteraid.sys 25423 bytes, 17 march 2005,
>1.7.1.91
>- drivers from Gigabyte Website : iteraid.sys 24 827 bytes, 25 february
>2004, 1.6.1.8
>
>They give exactly the same error message. And it's written a lot of time in
>the system event log !!
>
>
>Event properties :
>Type : Warning
>Event ID: 26
>Source: iteraid
>
>text : "The driver has detected that device \Device\Scsi\iteraid1 has old or
>out-of-date firmware. Reduced performance may result."
>
>I'm very surprised, and want at least understant what is "out of date"
>



Use that to Hassle Gigabyte, yes I had to hassle them some 4 times or more,
even when they stated No, but in the end they confirmed my Bug and offered
me a new Beta Bios.

Current Gigabyte Bios is F10 my new one is F11a, on bootup my ITE bios shows
as V1.7 but their has been some more updates since I had the Bios.

I have noticed the the ITE controler is not that fast, a Promise one is a lot
faster on other MoBo's I have used..


That is using it as a IDE controler.
July 19, 2005 4:31:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:07:12 +0200, "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com>
wrote:

>
>"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> a écrit dans le message de news:
>1crjd1trapoiid0bulooadm1filtl8487u@4ax.com...
>
>> I also used the Comments from the FAQ on the ITE web site
>> about Bios Updates, ie get onto your MoBo maker.
>the only contact I found on ITE website is
>http://www.iteusa.com/customer_service/contact_window2....
>



Its in the FAQ to do with the ITE controller used..

Their is No contact Info just what you should do..



Plus I did not use the USA web site
!