Just installed a Nvidia Geoforce 9550 256m. When playing 3d games I get
what some people call color artifacts on the screen. This happens in Call
of Duty, Doom3, and Half Life 2. Is this a problem that can be fixed by
changing a setting, or a sympton of a defective card . Have all the latest
drivers installed. The programs work fine except for the colors. TIA

Do you have the latest version of DirectX? www.microsoft.com/directx

www.coribright.com

"_mark_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just installed a Nvidia Geoforce 9550 256m. When playing 3d games I get
> what some people call color artifacts on the screen. This happens in Call
> of Duty, Doom3, and Half Life 2. Is this a problem that can be fixed by
> changing a setting, or a sympton of a defective card . Have all the
> latest drivers installed. The programs work fine except for the colors.
> TIA

Yes I do...
All drivers for motherboard, video card are the latest...

> Do you have the latest version of DirectX? www.microsoft.com/directx

> www.coribright.com
>
> "_mark_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just installed a Nvidia Geoforce 9550 256m. When playing 3d games I get
>> what some people call color artifacts on the screen. This happens in
>> Call of Duty, Doom3, and Half Life 2. Is this a problem that can be
>> fixed by changing a setting, or a sympton of a defective card . Have
>> all the latest drivers installed. The programs work fine except for the
>> colors. TIA

I don't think nvidia makes a 9550, that sounds like an ati chipset.
Please verify you have the correct product information posted.

Color artifacts generally are caused by heat related issues or drivers
or even problems with the card other than the 2 listed.

Ensure the heatsink is seated properly on the graphics card. If this
error is taking place in all 3D applications, you might want to
consider doing an RMA if you have already installed all pertinent
drivers and software updates (ie directX and chipset drivers and
graphics card drivers)

--
Sazar
Sazar's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=27

Sorry meant 5500, but let me recheck the heat sink...