"Unsafe Removal of Device" and Activesync

I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
an AMD motherboard & CPU.

Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).

Otherwise system is rock solid.

Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
San Diego CPU
1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
MS Activesync V3.8
USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
Decent 480W Power Supply
Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)

Efforts to resolve:
- Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
- Moved the USB connections to various locations
- Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers

Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about unsafe removal device activesync

    jbcurran@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    > I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
    > an AMD motherboard & CPU.
    >
    > Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
    > Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).
    >
    > Otherwise system is rock solid.
    >
    > Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
    > Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
    > San Diego CPU
    > 1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
    > OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
    > MS Activesync V3.8
    > USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
    > Decent 480W Power Supply
    > Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)
    >
    > Efforts to resolve:
    > - Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
    > - Moved the USB connections to various locations
    > - Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers
    >
    > Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Resolved after too much unsuccesful tinkering: Purchased a 4 Port PCI
    USB 2.0 card. NEC Chipset based. Installed card, W2K recognized &
    loaded std USB drivers. Plugged USB drive into Card Port. Problem
    resolved.

    jbcurran@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    > I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
    > an AMD motherboard & CPU.
    >
    > Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
    > Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).
    >
    > Otherwise system is rock solid.
    >
    > Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
    > Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
    > San Diego CPU
    > 1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
    > OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
    > MS Activesync V3.8
    > USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
    > Decent 480W Power Supply
    > Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)
    >
    > Efforts to resolve:
    > - Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
    > - Moved the USB connections to various locations
    > - Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers
    >
    > Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gigabyte USB Devices Motherboards