"Unsafe Removal of Device" and Activesync

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • USB
  • Devices
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2005 4:23:32 AM

I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
an AMD motherboard & CPU.

Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).

Otherwise system is rock solid.

Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
San Diego CPU
1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
MS Activesync V3.8
USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
Decent 480W Power Supply
Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)

Efforts to resolve:
- Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
- Moved the USB connections to various locations
- Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers

Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : unsafe removal device activesync

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2005 1:56:26 PM

jbcurran@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
> an AMD motherboard & CPU.
>
> Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
> Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).
>
> Otherwise system is rock solid.
>
> Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
> Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
> San Diego CPU
> 1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
> OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
> MS Activesync V3.8
> USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
> Decent 480W Power Supply
> Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)
>
> Efforts to resolve:
> - Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
> - Moved the USB connections to various locations
> - Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers
>
> Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2005 1:59:36 PM

Resolved after too much unsuccesful tinkering: Purchased a 4 Port PCI
USB 2.0 card. NEC Chipset based. Installed card, W2K recognized &
loaded std USB drivers. Plugged USB drive into Card Port. Problem
resolved.

!