Sony CD-RW Drive not recognized

I have a Sony CRX230A CD-RW drive that was functioning correctly with my old
windows 98 system, but is not recognized by my new XP system. Sony support
says that it is XP compatible, but the windows XP hardware compatability
site does not list this device. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does it show up in your Device Manager un XP? Did you connect it correctly?
What is its jumper setting (Master/Slave/Cable Select??)