I open up my computer and only shows one hard drive. (I have 2).
It shows both at startup.
How do I get it to show the other drive.
In the managament section I can see the drive but not on My computer.
Thanks

Is it a brand new hd? If it's brand new and no partition is defined and
formatted it won't show up. Run FDISK. That will allow you to set the hd
up. You'll need to have a bootable floppy with FDISK on it. I use a Win98
boot disk. It has FDISK. I also added Format.com to it and use it as a
general utility disk. If you use a Win98 boot disk just select the option
to boot with no CD support. Then type FDISK. Make sure you select the
second disk before you format anything. I knew a guy that forgot to switch
to the new secondary disk and formatted his C drive. There should be other
utilities around also.

Danny

"Daniel Carwile" wrote:

> Is it a brand new hd? If it's brand new and no partition is defined and
> formatted it won't show up. Run FDISK. That will allow you to set the hd
> up. You'll need to have a bootable floppy with FDISK on it. I use a Win98
> boot disk. It has FDISK. I also added Format.com to it and use it as a
> general utility disk. If you use a Win98 boot disk just select the option
> to boot with no CD support. Then type FDISK. Make sure you select the
> second disk before you format anything. I knew a guy that forgot to switch
> to the new secondary disk and formatted his C drive. There should be other
> utilities around also.
>
> Danny
>

> "BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I open up my computer and only shows one hard drive. (I have 2).
> > It shows both at startup.
> > How do I get it to show the other drive.
> > In the managament section I can see the drive but not on My computer.
> > Thanks

No its not brand new I just installed norton system works and it does not
show up in "my computer" Shows up on start up and when I enter the system
config utility At start up but not in my computer. Show up under System
properties but not in My computer.

"Daniel Carwile" <DannyCarwile@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is it a brand new hd? If it's brand new and no partition is defined
and
> formatted it won't show up. Run FDISK. That will allow you to set the hd
> up. You'll need to have a bootable floppy with FDISK on it. I use a
Win98
> boot disk. It has FDISK. I also added Format.com to it and use it as a
> general utility disk. If you use a Win98 boot disk just select the
option
> to boot with no CD support. Then type FDISK. Make sure you select the
> second disk before you format anything. I knew a guy that forgot to
switch
> to the new secondary disk and formatted his C drive. There should be
other
> utilities around also.
>
> Danny

It's probably better to simply go to a command prompt and use DISKPART,
and LIST the disks and partitions. You can then create partitions on the
2nd drive as needed.

If the drive was working and has suddenly stopped, check for physical
damage.

HTH
-pk

> "BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I open up my computer and only shows one hard drive. (I have 2).
> > It shows both at startup.
> > How do I get it to show the other drive.
> > In the managament section I can see the drive but not on My computer.
> > Thanks

Go into Disk Management, partition, format and assign a drive letter.

--
Jonah
> No its not brand new I just installed norton system works and it does not
> show up in "my computer" Shows up on start up and when I enter the system
> config utility At start up but not in my computer. Show up under System
> properties but not in My computer.
>
> "Daniel Carwile" wrote:
>
>> Is it a brand new hd? If it's brand new and no partition is defined
>> and
>> formatted it won't show up. Run FDISK. That will allow you to set the
>> hd
>> up. You'll need to have a bootable floppy with FDISK on it. I use a
>> Win98
>> boot disk. It has FDISK. I also added Format.com to it and use it as a
>> general utility disk. If you use a Win98 boot disk just select the
>> option
>> to boot with no CD support. Then type FDISK. Make sure you select the
>> second disk before you format anything. I knew a guy that forgot to
>> switch
>> to the new secondary disk and formatted his C drive. There should be
>> other
>> utilities around also.
>>
>> Danny
>>

>> "BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I open up my computer and only shows one hard drive. (I have 2).
>> > It shows both at startup.
>> > How do I get it to show the other drive.
>> > In the managament section I can see the drive but not on My computer.
>> > Thanks

Sibby

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

I also have this same issue.

However under Disk Management the drive is there, the only option I have is
to delete the partition (all others are greyed out). I can't assign it a
drive letter.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Sibby