looking for wireless bluetooth cable arangement

So at my work right now, I have need to cable up from my laptop
direcetly to hardware which requires a DB9 style serial connection,
through which I update some firmware as part of development software
release cycles.

It's rather a pain in the rump to be teathered to these machines with
my laptop, and I was wondering if there was such thing as a bluetooth
serial adapter.

What I'm thinking of, is a wireless (battery or ac powered device),
that receives the wireless bluetooth signal on one end, and passes that
data along to its other end (a DB9 serial connector)
Any clue if such a thing exists?
Thanks,
-Ethan

This might work.
http://www.ionetworks.com/products/bluetoothwirelessserial/index.jsp

<hupjack@excite.com> wrote in message
> So at my work right now, I have need to cable up from my laptop
> direcetly to hardware which requires a DB9 style serial connection,
> through which I update some firmware as part of development software
> release cycles.
>
> It's rather a pain in the rump to be teathered to these machines with
> my laptop, and I was wondering if there was such thing as a bluetooth
> serial adapter.
>
> What I'm thinking of, is a wireless (battery or ac powered device),
> that receives the wireless bluetooth signal on one end, and passes that
> data along to its other end (a DB9 serial connector)
> Any clue if such a thing exists?
> Thanks,
> -Ethan

thanks for the link. I needed that to job my brain as to what to call
what I was looking for. I found a bunch of bluetooth db9 adapters and
bought one. Should work out great!