no monitor

I am trying to help my daughter fix her computer. It will boot up, but
there will be one long high pitched beep then two short ones, a few
seconds later there will be 2 low pitched beeps. There is nothing on
monitor.

Could it just be the video card?

Thanks
Kathy

"Kathy" <kmodahl@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I am trying to help my daughter fix her computer. It will boot up, but
>there will be one long high pitched beep then two short ones, a few seconds
>later there will be 2 low pitched beeps. There is nothing on monitor.
>
> Could it just be the video card?
>
> Thanks
> Kathy

Those beeps are known a beep codes and they're telling you something.
Unfortunately, there's no standardization (although there are some codes
that tend to be the same). Your best bet is to visit the motherboard
manufacturer's web site and see what those two particular codes mean.

Kathy wrote:
> I am trying to help my daughter fix her computer. It will boot up, but
> there will be one long high pitched beep then two short ones, a few
> seconds later there will be 2 low pitched beeps. There is nothing on
> monitor.
>
> Could it just be the video card?
>
> Thanks
> Kathy