What happen is that when I turn on my computer all it displays a "No
Signal" It looks like there is not a video response from the computer. I
posted this question before and someone ask me if the system come on, also if
the fans are running, and if the LEDs of the motherboard lit, and if it beeps
several times. Well the tower stars, the fans are running, but the LED that
when I turn on the computer is suppose to be blinking is not. When I turn on
the computer it checks the CD drive and makes some sounds as always.
I thought it was the video card so I got a new video card and installed it.
But it still the same no Video At All

My computer is a Hp Pavilion 6460
Please help!

thanks So Much

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/thecolfabvi0017/ said:

> What happens is that when I turn on my computer all it displays is "No
> Signal". It looks like there is not a video response from the computer. I
> posted this question before and someone asked me if the system came on, also if
> the fans are running, and if the LEDs of the motherboard lit, and if it beeps
> several times. Well the tower starts, the fans are running, but the LED that
> when I turn on the computer is suppose to be blinking is not. When I turn on
> the computer it checks the CD drive and makes some sounds as always.
> I thought it was the video card so I got a new video card and installed it.
> But it still the same no Video At All.
>
> My computer is a Hp Pavilion 6460

Be sure that the cable to the monitor is seated securely, at both ends.
Also check all connections at the motherboard.
If no change, take the PC to a qualified technician for testing.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

you may have more than one socket in which to connect your monitor some units
have a socket connected to the mother board which is disabled and another
connected to the video card which is the one you should be using sounds
obvious but make sure.
jack