adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
I am afraid I have burn my hard disk, I got the following error message:
something like : "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk, and press enter"

The BIOS still able to recognize my harddisk, but when I use other hard disk
to try to retrieve data from my faulty harddisk, it just couldn't recognize
it. I have tried the software call getDataBack, but without success.

I tried to install another OS in the harddisk, but it said my harddisk is
new... and if i continue to install, all data will be lost.

Can anybody help me? File inside is really important... since this is my
friend's hard disk, not mine, that's even worst ^^"""

Adrian

Adrian wrote:

> Hi,
> I am afraid I have burn my hard disk, I got the following error message:
> something like : "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk, and press enter"
>
> The BIOS still able to recognize my harddisk, but when I use other hard disk
> to try to retrieve data from my faulty harddisk, it just couldn't recognize
> it. I have tried the software call getDataBack, but without success.
>
> I tried to install another OS in the harddisk, but it said my harddisk is
> new... and if i continue to install, all data will be lost.
>
> Can anybody help me? File inside is really important... since this is my
> friend's hard disk, not mine, that's even worst ^^"""
>
> Adrian

Another lesson in the value of backup.
--
Cheers, Bob

contact DriveSavers http://www.drivesavers.com/ Their
website has some free help and advice, their paid service is
not cheap, but very good.

"Bob Willard" <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote in
message news:ujWHauw%23EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...