Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left and
it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after download and
never has.

Warmest Regards,

Chris.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do a Google search for DVD Region Free - it may help.

"Chris Burke" <chrisburke52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left and
> it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after download
> and never has.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Chris.

You can try contacting the manufacturer. I think LG will help out if your
LG drive is out of changes. Maybe others will help out as well or offer
suggestions.

r.

"Chris Burke" <chrisburke52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left and
> it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after download
> and never has.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Chris.

bar

Region Changes are registered in Software not Hardware so don't waste LG or
your time calling them!

"namniar" wrote:

> You can try contacting the manufacturer. I think LG will help out if your
> LG drive is out of changes. Maybe others will help out as well or offer
> suggestions.
>
> r.
>

> "Chris Burke" <chrisburke52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left and
> > it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after download
> > and never has.
> >
> > Warmest Regards,
> >
> > Chris.

Your could try DVD Genie from http://www.inmatrix.com/genie/ or
http://www.firmware.fr.st/ to find a firmware upgrade. You should be aware
that upgrading your drives firmware carries a theoretical risk of trashing
the drive, mine upgrade OK.
"Chris Burke" <chrisburke52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left and
> it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after download
> and never has.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Chris.

NO! On DVD drives, the Region Codes are also stored in the drive's
firmware. Youi have to check both the software and hardware.

> Region Changes are registered in Software not Hardware so don't waste LG
> or
> your time calling them!
>
> "namniar" wrote:
>
>> You can try contacting the manufacturer. I think LG will help out if
>> your
>> LG drive is out of changes. Maybe others will help out as well or offer
>> suggestions.
>>
>> r.
>>

>> "Chris Burke" <chrisburke52@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi can anybody help please. My region is set to 1 with one change left
>> > and
>> > it wont go back to 2 (UK). DVD Region Killer wont operate after
>> > download
>> > and never has.
>> >
>> > Warmest Regards,
>> >
>> > Chris.

BAR,

FYI check out LG Service @
http://ca.lge.com/en/proddivergent.do?actType=search&categoryId=0403&modelCategoryId=&parentId=04
Go to link for DVDWriter, FAQ, DVD ROM (WRITER), see "Do LG provide a last
chance recovery procedure." I am not saying for sure that LG will repair
the region code for the OP, but it if the alternative to the OP is a
unusable drive, then....

Now, you've wasted my time.

r.

P.S. LG tech support 1 888 542 2623 (for OP)