Keyboard makes noise when keys are typed

My computer keyboard makes a noise when keys are typed, and the backspace
button only works one letter at a time. This changed after I installed more
RAM in my tower. Any ideas how to make the clicking stop?
8 answers Last reply
More about keyboard makes noise keys typed

    Schemdog wrote:
    > My computer keyboard makes a noise when keys are typed, and the
    > backspace button only works one letter at a time. This changed after
    > I installed more RAM in my tower. Any ideas how to make the clicking
    > stop?

    Yes, buy a keyboard with rubber keys.
    on salads.

    hehe.

    Where is the noise coming from? Keyboard? Speaker(s)?

    r.

    > Schemdog wrote:
    >> My computer keyboard makes a noise when keys are typed, and the
    >> backspace button only works one letter at a time. This changed after
    >> I installed more RAM in my tower. Any ideas how to make the clicking
    >> stop?
    >

    > Yes, buy a keyboard with rubber keys.
    > --
    > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > on salads.

    the sound comes from inside the tower.

    "namniar" wrote:

    > hehe.
    >
    > Where is the noise coming from? Keyboard? Speaker(s)?
    >
    > r.
    >
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
    > > Schemdog wrote:
    > >> My computer keyboard makes a noise when keys are typed, and the
    > >> backspace button only works one letter at a time. This changed after
    > >> I installed more RAM in my tower. Any ideas how to make the clicking
    > >> stop?
    > >

    > > Yes, buy a keyboard with rubber keys.
    > > --
    > > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > > on salads.

    Check the tower's BIOS setup screens. You may have a setting for "Enabling
    Key Click".

    Also, there should be a setting for the key repeat for the keyboard.

    "Schemdog" <Schemdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the sound comes from inside the tower.
    >
    > "namniar" wrote:
    >
    >> hehe.
    >>
    >> Where is the noise coming from? Keyboard? Speaker(s)?
    >>
    >> r.
    >>
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> > Yes, buy a keyboard with rubber keys.
    >> > --
    >> > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    >> > on salads.

    How do I check the BIOS setup screens?

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Check the tower's BIOS setup screens. You may have a setting for "Enabling
    > Key Click".
    >
    > Also, there should be a setting for the key repeat for the keyboard.
    >

    > "Schemdog" <Schemdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > the sound comes from inside the tower.
    > >
    > > "namniar" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hehe.
    > >>
    > >> Where is the noise coming from? Keyboard? Speaker(s)?
    > >>
    > >> r.
    > >>
    > >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

    The method "may" be displayed during boot-up. Usually, during the time the
    screen is displaying the RAM count (in the boot-up P.O.S.T.), press the
    <Delete> key should access the BIOS screens.

    Find the manula for your PC/motherbaord and it should descibe how to do
    this.

    > How do I check the BIOS setup screens?
    >
    > "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
    >
    >> Check the tower's BIOS setup screens. You may have a setting for
    >> "Enabling
    >> Key Click".
    >>
    >> Also, there should be a setting for the key repeat for the keyboard.
    >>

    >> "Schemdog" <Schemdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > the sound comes from inside the tower.

    The BIOS screen had nothing about a key click. any other ideas?

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > The method "may" be displayed during boot-up. Usually, during the time the
    > screen is displaying the RAM count (in the boot-up P.O.S.T.), press the
    > <Delete> key should access the BIOS screens.
    >
    > Find the manula for your PC/motherbaord and it should descibe how to do
    > this.
    >

    > "Schemdog" <Schemdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I check the BIOS setup screens?
    > >
    > > "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Check the tower's BIOS setup screens. You may have a setting for
    > >> "Enabling
    > >> Key Click".
    > >>
    > >> Also, there should be a setting for the key repeat for the keyboard.
    > >>

    > >> "Schemdog" <Schemdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hardware Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP