  • USB
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
January 15, 2005 6:27:02 PM

HI
I bought a usb to serial cable from Radioshack, and i can't install it in my
toshiba laptop satellite, it marks an error at the end of tne instalation
process. The laptop does not have a serial port and I want to use it to
conect a GPS. I have installed, the cable, in another computer to test it and
it works.
Any ideas??
thank you
icker

More about : usb serial problem

January 16, 2005 1:07:02 AM

Is it USB 1 or 2: maybe this difference is OK on the PC but not happy on the
Satellite.

Have you also attempted to load the device drivers from the manufacturer's
CD or updated drivers from their website.

!