usb to serial problem

HI
I bought a usb to serial cable from Radioshack, and i can't install it in my
toshiba laptop satellite, it marks an error at the end of tne instalation
process. The laptop does not have a serial port and I want to use it to
conect a GPS. I have installed, the cable, in another computer to test it and
it works.
Any ideas??
thank you
icker
1 answer Last reply
More about serial problem

    Is it USB 1 or 2: maybe this difference is OK on the PC but not happy on the
    Satellite.

    Have you also attempted to load the device drivers from the manufacturer's
    CD or updated drivers from their website.

    "vikingo" wrote:

    > HI
    > I bought a usb to serial cable from Radioshack, and i can't install it in my
    > toshiba laptop satellite, it marks an error at the end of tne instalation
    > process. The laptop does not have a serial port and I want to use it to
    > conect a GPS. I have installed, the cable, in another computer to test it and
    > it works.
    > Any ideas??
    > thank you
    > icker