I just saw a post about a case for a hard drive. I want to do exactly that
for a cd drive. What is a case for a cd drive called and where can I find it?

There are USB and Firewire external hard drive cases available (PCMCIA for
notebook.) Google "ide hard drive case" or see
http://www.baber.com/cases/drive_enclosures/single_bay.htm .

"M76" <M76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just saw a post about a case for a hard drive. I want to do exactly that
> for a cd drive. What is a case for a cd drive called and where can I find
> it?

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:17:11 -0600, "Jon Erlandson"
<jerlands@NOSPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"M76" <M76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just saw a post about a case for a hard drive. I want to do exactly that
>> for a cd drive. What is a case for a cd drive called and where can I find
>> it?
>
>There are USB and Firewire external hard drive cases available (PCMCIA for
>notebook.) Google "ide hard drive case" or see
>http://www.baber.com/cases/drive_enclosures/single_bay.htm .

Um, the OP already knows that. They are looking for a case to mount a
CD drive in, not a Hard Drive.

The makers may also make a CD version of the hard drive case. Just Google
for External CD Enclosures.

"NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:17:11 -0600, "Jon Erlandson"
> <jerlands@NOSPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>"M76" <M76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I just saw a post about a case for a hard drive. I want to do exactly
>>>that
>>> for a cd drive. What is a case for a cd drive called and where can I
>>> find
>>> it?
>>
>>There are USB and Firewire external hard drive cases available (PCMCIA for
>>notebook.) Google "ide hard drive case" or see
>>http://www.baber.com/cases/drive_enclosures/single_bay.htm .
>>

> Um, the OP already knows that. They are looking for a case to mount a
> CD drive in, not a Hard Drive.

TRENDING THREADS